Thirteen | Heirloom

I just want to see everyone's reaction on a particular scene which happens after a few chapters hence I am updating so quickly.

Also, do comment!
____________________

ALAMEA

I pretended to look confused, tilting my head.

"You were. Even though I don't remember much, I do remember your eyes."

I blinked at him innocently.

He reached me, grabbed me, pulled me to my feet and ripped the gag off my mouth.

"What the fuck are you trying to do?" He questioned, glaring at me.

I didn't like his touch and tried to get out of his hold. "I don't know what you are talking about. Those two assholes grabbed me from Philadelphia, brought me here--"

"Spare me the bull shit. You drugged me...what was your name...Daisy, right?"

Fuck, he turned out to be more intelligent than we thought.

He must have seen it on my face because he smiled in satisfaction. "I am right. Now what are your intentions?"

Okay, time to switch to another method.

I smiled flirtatiously, leaning closer to him, ignoring how disgusted I felt.

He released me abruptly and stepped back. "No. That won't work again.

Armano didn't tie my hands very tightly, they were loose enough so that I could get out of them.

I slowly undid the ropes while keeping my attention on him.

"I'll ask you one last time, why are you here?"

My hands were free, taking a deep breath, I threw a hard punch on his nose making him stagger back with a groan.

That gave me enough time to grab the vase which was on the nightstand and I hit him with it.

The vase shattered against his head and he dropped to the floor, unconscious.

Phew.

I did a quick job of tying his hands with the rope I had and gagged him too.

Okay. What now?

I don't know my way around the house. Even if I manage to get my hands on that heirloom after knocking out Mr Harrington, there's hardly any chance of me making it out of here.

I narrowed my eyes at Alfred who lay on the floor. It looks like I will need his help after all.

I pulled out the small dagger which I had hidden earlier in the holster around my waist.

Taking my handkerchief, I cleaned the blood from his head.

There was a door leading to the bathroom in the room and taking some water from the wash basin, I sprinkled it on his face.

A minute later, he slowly woke up, distorted at first but he slowly realised that he was all tied up.

He dragged himself up and leaned his back against the wall, glaring at me.

I crouched down in front of him, putting my dagger under his chin. "Now listen very carefully."

"You wanted to know why I am here? I want to steal your precious heirloom."

His eyes widened and he struggled against the gag, wanting to speak.

"Ah-ah." I pressed the tip of the dagger further against his skin. "My dagger is sharper than it looks, so you might wanna tone down your struggle."