Bonus Chapter | Seven

ZAIRE

My palms were turning more and more sweaty by every passing second and I couldn't stop pacing around.

"Relax", Zayden muttered for the tenth time from where he stood nearby as my groomsmen.

"So, Mr Cool finally lost his cool?" Armano joked as usual earning a chuckle from Arnaud Zayden.

Even Kian looked amused at my anxiousness.

I was regretting having them as my groomsmen but then I didn't have any choice either. They all automatically assumed their positions.

It was our wedding day.

Ada was going to be my wife finally. Officially mine after all these years.

The wedding ceremony was an intimate one with only the family members involved and it was held in the backyard of Ada's house. Well former house since she is staying with me for the last few weeks but whatever.

This is where her parents got married and she admitted she always wanted to get married here too, so, who was I to deny her request?

She would be here in...forty-three seconds.

My breathing became uneven as I imagined her walking down the aisle towards me.

"Shit, are you about to cry?" Zayden asked gently, scrutinizing my face.

I scowled at him. "No."

"Your eyes look wet."

"You are seeing things, leave me alone."

Chuckling, he went back to where he stood, chatting with the others.

When thirty seconds were left, Aunty Lilith made her way out and took her seat among the others.

She was inside with Ada and Uncle which means...

Every second felt longer but when Ada finally stepped out, her hand hooked into the crook of Uncle Silvio's elbow, I felt like I couldn't breathe.

My eyes stinged and I had to roll my lips inside my mouth as I took her in, her sparkling wedding dress, the veil trailing behind her, the smile on her face.

Two lines of tears streaked down my cheeks simultaneously, my vision blurring and I rubbed my eyes to clear it.

That in return made Ada emotional, her lower lip puckering out, eyes tearing up.

There were many pairs of eyes on us, all awwing at us but in that moment, only her and I existed.

When she reached me, Uncle kissed her forehead before handing her hand to me.

Our fingers intertwined together and it was as if I could breathe a little easier.

We stared into each other's glistening eyes just as the priest started the ceremony.

It went in a blur because I couldn't stop wondering how the fuck I got so lucky to have her as my wife.

It was only when the priest announced the final lines, I came out of the daze. "I now pronounce you husband and wife--"