Twenty-Five | Not Meant For This

You all gave me lots of comments and I updated. See how simple it is 🤷🏼‍♀️
_____________________

ARMANO

Would it be weird for me to go check on Mea for the third time this morning?

It's her second day of period so she must have a heavy flow and cramps. At least that's what Google told me.

I could have asked Lenore or anyone else, we have more girls than boys in our family but then it would have raised questions about my sudden interest in the menstrual cycle.

I have always cared for Mea but not in this way. This felt different. Yesterday she did say she was okay yet it was physically difficult for me to leave her.

I wanted to do something for her. Make her happy somehow. The only thing that came to my mind was Aunty's cookies which she loves.

And no, I didn't 'happen' to pass by Uncle's home. I called Aunty and asked her about the cookies, to my luck, she was baking some, had she not been, I would have asked her to.

Then I ended up asking her if she was in bed due to her period, and what would she have liked Uncle to do for her. Any specific thing that would have made her feel better.

Since she loves flowers, her answer was obvious. According to her, Uncle always got her flowers to cheer her up.

Then she proceeded to ask me who this girl was that I was trying to impress. I fucking blushed at that like a teenager talking about his crush.

I was confused by my own reactions.

By the time I left there, Aunty was already planning my wedding while Uncle was unhappy that I stole so much of his wife's time and attention.

Now the question is, what can I do for Mea today? Bring her more flowers and cookies? Nah. Something else.

It was noon and I was busy wondering what to do when another problem presented itself.

"Fuck", I cursed staring at the computer screen. We had lost ten million dollars just because of a stupid decision made by me.

Fuck. Fuck. Ever since I assumed this role, things haven't been going really well. It's as if I am messing up everything.

A few of the other trusted members of our organisation stood in my office staring at me, waiting for my next order but in reality, I didn't know what to do.

The pressure was too much. I couldn't handle it.

Even though none of them said a word against me, I could feel them judging me. Hell, even I was judging myself.

Beside me, Kian stared at the screen with a contemplative look on his face but at least he seemed to be coming up with a plan.

I was fucking useless. I was supposed to be a leader. Supposed to handle such situations, and guide everyone else but in reality, I could do nothing.

My hands shook and I grabbed the edge of the desk, clenching my fingers around it to stop them from trembling, my breathing shortened.

Kian glanced at me, concern flashing in his eyes and he muttered in an assuring tone, "I know what to do."

Of course, he did. He always knows what to do unlike me. And no, I wasn't jealous of him, I just wished I was a bit more like him.

He would make a better leader. So much better than me.

I stepped back, letting him take over which he did after texting someone on his phone and gesturing for the others to leave the room.

I watched him work, contemplating if what I was thinking would be good or not.