Seventeen | An Offer

ARMANO

For the first time, I wanted to stay behind. It physically hurt me to leave her like that.

Staying would have made it awkward and she had made it clear that it was a one time thing.

But the sleep after that was so fucking good.

The first thing I wanted to do in the morning was to check on her but then I controlled that urge.

You don't check on your one-night stands.

That's a different thing that she is my friend too. The type I can't go talking without.

I didn't see Mea in the morning, according to Lenore, she had breakfast in her room as she was not feeling well.

Shit. Was I too rough last night?

I did try my best to be gentle...

She looked okay when we were done.

Nope. It was a one-time thing. I am not going to check on her. She will be okay.

.
.
.

I pushed up my helmet's visor, glancing to my side where Kian straddled his bike, waiting for the light to turn green.

"Race back to home?" I asked him.

He looked excited at the prospect of a challenge, nodding.

I reached out my hand towards him and we fist-bumped each other.

When the light turned green, I revved my engine and rode past him.

It was thrilling to whip past every other vehicle and it was even more fun to have Kian ride his bike beside me.

What must Mea be doing right now?

Is she okay?

Are we never going to talk again?

"Armano!" Kian shouted.

Fuck. I was about to crash into the car in front of me, I quickly got back in control.

Kian gestured at me to pull over and I did as he stopped his bike beside mine. "What is wrong with you?" He scolded me.

"Nothing."

He pushed up his visor, glaring at me. "I am not racing with you."

"What? Why?"

"Because you are lost in your thoughts today."

"Hey, I am the older one here, you don't get to scold me."

He rolled his eyes, mumbling something to himself before he rode away.

What the hell?

I went after him, this time at a normal speed. "Race with me."

He didn't bother glancing at me but it was clear that he didn't want to race anymore.

Fine.

Grumbling, I rode back home.

.
.
.

"Lunch's ready", Lenore told me when I got home.

I freshened up quickly and by the time I walked into the dining room, Mea was there too.

I noticed the slight limp in the way she walked over to her designated chair.

She's sore.

Her face didn't reveal much as she silently started to fill her plate with food.

She didn't even look at me once as I sat down next to her making me feel a bit annoyed. Am I that easily forgettable?