Twenty-Nine | Contented

I didn't plan on updating but you all are really impatient. I have only written till chapter thirty 🥲
After this, the next update will be at midnight.

Give me lots of comments like last chapter, okay? I love you all.
________________________

ARMANO

I love her. Even though I had that realisation hours back, I was still feeling giddy.

Before entering the living room where everyone waited, I pushed Mea against a wall and kissed her softly.

She smiled against my lips. "Can't get enough of me?"

"No." I gently nipped her lips before pulling back.

She looked satisfied by my answer and intertwined our fingers together. "We should go before Arnaud comes looking again."

I groaned. "Yeah."

We both walked into the living room hand in hand and I didn't expect to find the whole family present there.

I thought it was just our parents.

Zaire, Ada, Zayden, Lenore, Kian, Celestine and Arnaud all stood side by side forming a line.

Dad and Uncles stood opposite them, looking displeased.

While the others had the decency to stand with slight regret, Zaire had stood casually with his hands in his pockets, tapping his foot impatiently against the floor.

I chose to ignore how closely Ada stood next to him as compared to Zayden.

Everyone's heads turned to us as we walked inside the room.

Dad glanced down at our joined hands and he muttered, "Took you long enough."

Smiling, I shared a look with Mea, squeezing her hand.

Uncle Cyrus cleared his throat loudly, eyes narrowed at me. "I need an explanation."

I spoke before Mea could, "We are dating. That's all the explanation you all need to know."

"You couldn't have told me this before?" Uncle asked her.

"It was complicated..." Mea sighed.

"It's my fault," I stated. "I was being stupid and an asshole. But I am serious about her now."

Mea leaned her head against my bicep, caressing my hand with her thumb.

Uncle still didn't look pleased as he said to me, "I will talk to you later. Alone."

I shrugged. I didn't care as long as Mea was mine.

Next, Dad and Uncles turned to the others and Dad addressed them sternly, "Is this a way to behave in front of guests? You are not kids anymore."

"We were stalling things", Lenore replied, folding her hands across her chest.

"Whose idea was it?" Uncle Silvio asked, glancing at us.