Two | Sleepover

ALAMEA
(Age Thirteen)

Chris had his arm around my waist and his mouth on me, lips moving sloppily.

It was my first kiss but it didn't feel as special as everyone gushed about it. My heart didn't race, butterflies didn't explode in my stomach. I felt nothing.

In the background I could hear the familiar roar of a bike engine, coming closer and then it died.

Footsteps approached us followed by a low whistle.

That had Chris pulling back and we both turned our heads towards Armano who leaned casually against the beast of his bike.

A not-so-genuine smile tugged his lips and he watched us both sharply. "Good makeout session, huh?"

Rolling my eyes, I stepped away from Chris, hiking my school bag further over my shoulder. Armano was supposed to pick me up from school today and it slipped my mind or else I wouldn't have risked getting caught by him. I am not scared of him, but he tends to be over-dramatic at times.

"Who are you?" Chris asked.

Armano pointed his finger at his chest. "Me? Let's come to that later. But do you know who she is?"

I sent a warning glare to him. Chris had no idea how dangerous my family was.

Chris frowned. "Who?"

"Do you know what her family does for a living?"

Chris looked annoyed by Armano's questions. "They have several businesses?"

"Armano, stop it." I hissed. "Let's go home."

I moved towards him but he ignored me, his eyes fixed on Chris. "Businesses, yes but have you heard of the Ludovica Mafia?"

A flicker of fear crossed his face. "Um, yes..."

Armano's grin widened. "Excellent. Her father is the third in command. Not to mention childhood friends with the Ludovicas. Practically a part of their family which makes her a mafia princess."

"Chris don't listen to him. He's being stupid--"

But Chris's brain was already processing everything Armano said, his mouth parting in shock as he glanced at me in fear.

I am going to kill Armano.

"Now back to your initial question. You wanted to know who I am?" Armano pushed off his bike, stalking towards Chris with a predatory look on his face. "My name's Armano Ludovica, the future leader."

He casually parted his leather jacket, revealing the weapons tucked inside his waist holster. "So, here's what you are going to do..."

Chris wasn't listening to me at all, he was almost trembling with fear. "You will turn around this instance, cut off all ties with her and never and I mean ever look in her direction."

"This is too much." I grabbed Armano's arm, tugging him back. "Stop scaring him."

He shook me off just as Chris nodded shakily.

Armano instantly went back to grinning as if he was talking to a friend. "See, you are a smart boy. It was nice talking to you."

Chris didn't waste a single second in turning around and running away from there.

"Have you lost your mind?" I glared at him.

He chuckled loudly without any amusement. "I don't know about myself but you surely have. Making out with some douchebag? You are just thirteen!"