Twenty-Three | Jealous

ALAMEA

My period was late.

Only by two days but it was late nevertheless. Enough to make me panic.

This can't be possible. Armano used a condom each time and knowing Armano, he wouldn't have used a cheap one.

The possibility of a broken condom is really low but it's still there.

According to my research, one should wait for at least a week after a missed period before taking a pregnancy test.

So, I didn't bother taking one for now. It was only two days, hopefully, it will arrive.

"What's wrong?" Armano looked concerned as his eyes searched mine.

"Nothing." I came out of my thoughts and went back to sorting through the files on my laptop before finding the one he wanted and e-mailing it to him.

Armano was in my office, standing in front of my desk with his hands folded across his chest. "No. You don't look okay. Tell me what's wrong."

"It's nothing. I am feeling a bit tired and--"

The sentence hadn't left my mouth fully when Armano strode to me, closed shut my laptop and grabbed my hand. "Go, rest."

"Armano, I am okay."

"You said you are feeling tired. As your boss, I order you to go to your room."

When I didn't move, he pulled me up to my feet, cupped my face in both his palms and checked if I had a fever.

"No fever", he declared, looking relieved. "But you are still taking the rest of the day off."

I sighed. "I don't want to take the rest of the day off. I am sure a cup of coffee will make me feel better--Armano!"

Without another word, he picked me up in his arms and carried me out of the office.

"You are too fucking stubborn, devil but so am I. If I say you will rest, you will. No more questions."

I wasn't in a mood to fight with him so I relaxed in his arms and let him carry me up the stairs and to my room.

He laid me on my bed gently, covering me with the duvet. "Do you need anything?"

I shook my head. "You are being extra. I am okay."

He completely ignored my statement, changing the topic. "If you feel a fever coming, let me know. Immediately."

I flipped him off and closed my eyes. I just need to pretend to be resting to make him leave.

He seemed to buy it and I heard the door open and close making me open my eyes and sigh.

He shouldn't be worrying about me, it makes me feel confused about our situation.

No strings attached means not caring for each other, right?

I laid in bed, trying to think of something else but my thoughts circled back to Armano each time.