Epilogue

ALAMEA

THREE YEARS LATER...

Twenty-five was the age in our family when you are supposed to assume the position of the leader.

Kian was twenty-two when Armano took the decision to step down, so, it was decided that Armano would continue to be the leader for another three years alongside Kian, until Kian turned twenty-five and then step down, handing the reigns to him fully.

Meanwhile, everyone also hoped that maybe Armano might change his mind but he didn't.

And I don't care. As long as he is happy, I am too.

Kian didn't want any lavish party so Dad and Uncles decided to throw him a simple party in our garden.

It consisted of all the family members and some of the important members of our organisation.

Kian looked bored as fuck as he stood in the center, wearing an all black suit, a glass of champagne in his hand as some man tried to make small talks with him.

He was seconds away from killing that man when Armano intervened and dragged him away from there to a corner.

Armano was enjoying seeing his best friend suffer.

I was going to go to my husband when I noticed a girl, a teenager standing at a distance innocently, her eyes fixed on Kian intently, filled with admiration as she watched him.

Ooh.

Most of the women I have seen have been too intimidated by Kian to even look at him.

Curious, I walked over to her and stood beside her. She was so busy staring at Kian that she didn't notice my presence until I tapped her shoulder.

Startled, she looked at me. "Um..."

"Hi." I smiled at her and held out my hand. "I'm Alamea."

She seemed nervous as she shook my hand. "Irene."

"That's a pretty name. How old are you?"

"Seventeen."

Oh. There goes my plan to play matchmaker. Had she been eighteen or nineteen I would have urged her to ask Kian out.

But nevermind.

"Who are you with?" I asked her.

"I'm here with my Dad." She pointed to a man standing in a corner, talking with another man.

I recognised him immediately. "You are Ralph's daughter?!"

"You know him?"

"He saved my life." I told her, smiling widely. "Of course I know him."

"Oh." She smiled softly. "He's not my real dad but he loves me like his own daughter. He saved me too."

I didn't pry and ask her how he saved her. "It seems like Ralph has a habit of being an angel."

She chuckled, finally getting comfortable with me. "Yes."