Twenty | Guardian Angel

ALAMEA

Last night, Armano snuck into my room and fucked me against the wall in the bathroom. Just the memory of it made my toes curl.

Lenore snapped her fingers in front of my face. "Back to earth, baby."

Right. We all, by all I mean the girls were settled around the table having breakfast while the boys were already done with theirs since they were too excited to sit down and eat for long.

"Please, tell me what's wrong," Cel said to Ada, sitting opposite to us. "You look sick."

I had the same thought, Ada's face looked pale and she was refusing to eat anything.

Zaire happened to be walking by the table at that time and his head snapped to Ada when Cel mentioned how she looked sick.

His brows furrowed in concern and he walked over to her, placing his palm over her forehead.

Ada looked up at him, a flush covering her cheeks as he continued to touch her face.

"You are feverish", he declared, his jaw clenching.

"I knew it", Cel muttered.

Zaire asked us, "Did she eat anything?"

We shook our heads.

"I am right here, you can ask me." Ada shot him a glare.

He ignored her and waved down one of the staff members and whispered something to him to which he nodded and went away.

Zaire dropped down in the chair beside Ada and started filling her plate with various food.

"I don't wanna eat anything", Ada grumbled.

Zaire sent her a stern look as he cut a piece of the pancake and spearing it on the fork, held it to her mouth.

Ada's face turned red and she snatched the fork from his hand. "I am capable of eating."

Zaire let her take the fork and leaned back. "Finish everything or I'll force-feed you."

Ada glared at him as she ate.

Lenore and I looked at each other and she whispered to me, "Why do they have such tension?"

"I know right? Something's going on between them."

"Zaire seems to be obsessed with her." Lenore glanced at him before whispering even more softly, "Romantically."

That thought did cross my mind. "But they are cousins."

"Exactly what I am thinking. It can't be possible."

"Or maybe it is..." I mumbled as the staff member from before brought a small bottle of pills and handed it to Zaire.

Zaire checked the back of the bottle carefully before taking out a single pill and placing it against her lips until she opened her mouth and he placed it on her tongue.

He handed her the glass of water and she swallowed the medicine without any questions.

He didn't leave and simply sat there with a worried face as she finished up the food.

Celestine thanked him on Ada's behalf since she was busy staring at Zaire.

"Stop overthinking," Zaire told her, getting up. "Stress is making you sick. Go rest." Then he spoke even more softly, "I won't trouble you anymore. For now."

Ada opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out and he walked away from there.

"What the fuck?" Celestine asked. "What is going on?"