Twenty-One | Possessiveness

ARMANO

"Are you sad?" Azher asked me as Uncle went away.

"No."

"Then why are you...dis...dis..."

"Distracted?"

He nodded.

I sighed, shrugging.

He pouted, clutching my fingers. "I wanna know. Maybe I can fix it."

I couldn't say no to his pouty face so I pulled him up on my lap. "You promise not to tell anyone?"

He nodded excitedly.

"Okay. It's because I can't stop thinking about Mea."

"Why not?" He cocked his head.

"Um...I don't know. She is always on my mind. She is making me feel weird things."

"Like what?"

He was just like his mother, curious about everything and way too smart for a kid.

"Like...I want to hold her impossibly close all the time. Even when she is with me, she feels too far. It's like I can't get enough of her. It's like...my soul wants to consume hers."

And kiss the fuck out of her till she can't breathe. Just for the sake of Azher's innocence, I didn't voice it out.

Azher blinked at me innocently and looked confused. "Do you...love her?"

I was taken aback by his question. "W-what? No."

"Are you going to marry her?" He looked way too excited about it for some reason.

I opened my mouth to tell him no but I couldn't say it. The idea of Mea and I getting married...

Huh. Whenever someone talked about me getting married, it weirded me out and I said no. Always. Yet Azher's question made me ponder.

If I marry Mea...I get to have her all to myself. She will be my wife. Mine. In all senses.

Unexpected possessiveness gripped me.

"You are going to marry her!" Azher clapped his hands, grinning.

I put my finger against his lips. "Shh...speak softly."

"Oops." He said in a low voice.

The idea of being tied to Mea forever sounded fucking good for some reason.

Azher poked my cheek. "Are you?"

I didn't have an answer for him, I could have said no but it was as if I physically couldn't bring myself to say it.

"Hey look." I pointed behind him. "Uncle Zayden looks bored, why don't you go trouble him?"

He pouted sadly, tears filling his eyes. "Do I trouble everyone?"

Fuck. Uncle is going to drown me for making his son cry.

"No." I cupped his face. "Of course not. I said the wrong word. I wanted to say that you should go entertain Zayden, he would love that. You don't trouble anyone. You are the best kid ever."