Ten | Honour

ARMANO

I couldn't take my eyes off Mea's face. She looked so happy. It's been a long time since I saw her like this.

She kicked off her heels as soon as we were inside the house, sighing in relief.

Kian muttered, "Good night", before retreating to his room.

I walked into the kitchen and she followed behind me.

I took out the cookie jar filled with the chocolate chip cookies Aunty Lilith baked for us a few days back.

Taking out two cookies, I handed one to her and we both jumped on top of the kitchen countertop, nibbling on our cookies in silence, sitting side by side.

My eyes slid to her as I finished eating, noticing the cookie crumbs stuck on the corner of her mouth.

She finished her cookie, eyes meeting mine and lifting my hand, I wiped the corner of her mouth with my thumb.

"How are you feeling?" I asked, my fingers brushing her cheek.

She shrugged. "Good."

"Did he touch you?" Just the thought of it was enough to make me feel annoyed.

"He did. Subtle touches in hopes to seduce me."

"Did you panic?" I pulled my hand back from her face.

Her shoulders dropped and she sighed. "A little bit. But I managed."

That's why I was so worried about her. I knew that fucker might try to touch her and she doesn't react well to a stranger's touch.

She looked drop-dead gorgeous tonight with the way she dressed and did her hair and makeup.

Men were bound to get seduced just by having one look at her.

Including me.

Hell, even Kian reacted.

"But I feel so confident after this. I feel like I can conquer the world." She smiled.

I chuckled. "If you tried, you could. I would gladly help you."

"I am sure you will." She nudged my shoulder with hers.

Silence fell over us, my eyes flickering down to her lips for a split second before I forced myself to behave.

"So..." I stared ahead. "Alfred sounded desperate to have you."

She snorted. "It was kinda pathetic. He kept ogling my breasts. I guess this dress helped after all."

"That's because I paid for it."

She rolled her eyes. "I chose the dress."

"Yeah, but I paid for it. If not for me then you wouldn't have bought this." I was just messing with her.

"Oh please. I have enough money to buy hundreds of these dresses. You only insisted on paying for it."

"I paid for other things too." I touched the clutch that was in her hand. "Like this." Then I nudged her foot with mine. "The sandals you were just wearing."

"This lipstick..." I tapped her lower lip which was painted maroon.

She went still as I did that and I suddenly realised that our noses were touching, my eyes zeroed on her lips.

I wonder what those lips would feel like wrapped around my cock...

And that's my cue to get the fuck out of here.