Twenty-Seven | Love

MARCELO
(Armano's Father)

"And this is for you." Orla pulled out a white t-shirt from the bag which had floral prints on it.

Taking it from her, I inspected it. "Are you sure it's for me? It looks a little gir--"

I shut up when I saw her shoot me a glare and smiled instead. "It's good, I like it."

"I knew you would like it." She pecked my lips.

After her girls' day out, she was excited to show me everything she shopped for.

As she got busy taking out more stuff from the bag, the doorbell rang. Then rang again and again.

Only my son does that.

"Okay", I told her. "We can go through that later, I think Armano's here."

She looked excited to meet him and left everything and walked downstairs and I followed after her.

Armano was impatient as he kept ringing the bell before he started pounding on the door.

I pulled open the door. "Can't you be a little patie--" I trailed off when I noticed how drenched he was and how he breathed heavily.

Orla noticed it too and left to bring him a towel.

Armano pushed past me and came inside, I could literally feel the rage coming off him.

"She is getting married." He stated in a low voice with a haunted look.

Orla came back with a towel and started to dry him but he didn't pay her any attention. He was busy glaring at me. "Did you know?"

"Who is getting married?"

"Mea!" He shouted making Orla step back.

I put my arms around her and pulled her to me. "Speak calmly. Take a breath and explain what happened."

He gritted his teeth. "She said Uncle has found some guy for her to get married to and she said yes."

"Cyrus did mention that proposal but he said he wouldn't go with it if Mea says no."

"Well, she said yes." He smiled humorously.

"You like her", Orla said softly, "that's why you are so agitated."

Armano glanced at her but said nothing.

"Why don't you just ask her out? Tell her your feelings?" I asked.

"What feelings?" He rolled his eyes.

Orla and I shared a look. "Right. No feelings, huh?"

"I just don't want her to get married. Do something."

I shrugged. "You have the power to stop this if only you would admit your feelings."

"I don't know", he said sounding exasperated and desperate. "I...I..."

I sighed. My son was stupid to not realise his feelings. This was probably new to him and he didn't know how to label what he was feeling.