Thirty | Approval

I might finish writing the thirty-first chapter by tonight so here's another update. In case there is no update at midnight means I was not able to complete it.
________________

ARMANO

"Kian?" I glanced around his empty room, calling for him.

The walk-in closet door was slightly ajar so I went there, peeking inside and found him putting on a shirt.

"Hey", I muttered walking inside making his head snap to me.

He buttoned his shirt, watching me. "What?"

"I wanted to talk to you about--"

I paused when I noticed something behind him. Inside one of the glass cabinets was a small, whitish teddy bear, the colour of it had faded and it was slightly torn from one place. It looked old.

I don't remember seeing that teddy bear ever, we did have some but not this one plus it couldn't be Azher's since it looked so old.

I pushed past him and walked closer to it, inspecting it. "Who's soft toy is it?" I opened the glass door and took it out.

Kian's jaw clenched and he snatched it from my hand and stuffed it inside one of the drawers.

"Is it yours?" I asked.

He didn't reply and walked out of the closet and I followed after him. "You can tell me."

The blank look on his face made it clear that he didn't want to talk about it any further.

I sighed. "Okay, don't tell me. But I need to talk to you about..."

He waited for me patiently and I blurted out, "I want you to be the leader instead."

My decision was made. I was giving up my position to Kian and I would gladly be his second in command.

His eyebrows shot up in surprise.

"I'm serious," I told him. "I can't do this. You on the other hand...you are perfectly capable and I would love for you to take over from me."

"Are you drunk?" He narrowed his eyes at me.

"No? Why would you ask that? I am serious, I swear. I told Mea too. I can't do this, Kian. So this is me asking you if given the opportunity, will you be the leader instead of me?"

He stared at me for a long moment making me rethink my decision until he spoke in a low voice, "Yes."

A smile broke out on my face. "You will?"

He shrugged.

"Thank you." I smiled. "I still need to talk to Dad about this but my decision is confirmed. I want you to think about this too, okay?"

He nodded.

"I don't want to burden you, so if you don't feel like doing this, then just tell me." I had to make things clear.

"I wouldn't mind." He stuffed his hands inside his pockets.

"Good." I patted his shoulder. "I will talk to everyone later, for now, I am going on a date with Mea. See you later."

I turned around to leave when I heard him say, "How does it feel?"

"Huh?" I glanced at him over my shoulder.

His head was cocked and he looked curious. "To be in love?"

I grinned widely. "Like my life got a whole new meaning. Like I have something beautiful to live for."