Heathen

In my dream, I see a woman sitting beside me, leaning her head against my shoulder. We are surrounded by water on an island, stranded, but I didn't care because she was beside me. I knew that whatever situation I might end up in, she will always be there for me, and she was, until her last breath. It was me who wasn't there for her; it was me who made her cry.

The day she died was the day I realized that with every choice I make and every action I take, there will always be blood at the end. That is my curse, and I can't lift it, but I chose to curse myself. I always put myself above others, even her. This made me strong, but it also pushed away people I care about. Issa; she is slowly being taken from me by the devils. I don't want to lose her too, so I will do what comes naturally; I will take decisions and take actions. I don't care who dies, as long as I still live.

Issa: *Munch* *Munch*

Amber: With all due respect, I believe that you're spoiling her too much.

Y/N: Getting jealous, Amber?

Amber: Allowing Issa to eat snacks as she sees fit is irresponsible, not to mention unhealthy.

Y/N: Come on, leave her alone. It's not like she can catch Cholera by eating some chips.

Issa: What's Cholera?

Y/N: Bacteria that infect your intestines. I heard that there has been an outbreak in South America.

Amber: Please note that in the future, I will not allow Issa to feast on more cheap snacks for more than two a week.

Issa: Why is she so mean to me?

Y/N: Just ignore her. Come on, let's watch the movie.

Issa: Can I lay on your lap?

Y/N: I won't stop you.

Issa: I love you.

Y/N: Music to my ears.

Look at you two. If I didn't know you were a soulless killing machine, I would say you must really like her.

No need to be jealous, especially since you nearly suffocated me with your breasts.

You have to admit that no one is lucky enough to get a female version of himself who is also obsessed with you as a being stuck inside their head.

Yeah, I'm really fortunate to be stuck with you.

Amber: Were you expecting guests?

Y/N: I heard them, too—probably some dicks trying to sell junk.

Amber: Just how far can you hear? I saw them on the window: two girls in church robes.

Y/N: Church? I'm in no mood to get blessed, drive them off. I'm just fine without God's blessings.

Amber: Very well.

Do you really think those two only want to spread God's word?

The last time I saw nuns was when they tried to kill me.

Shouldn't you be there just in case?

Fine, IL, go check.

Y/N: Hey, sorry to disturb you. I'm going to go check on Amber.

Issa: Okay, should I pause the movie?

Y/N: Keep watching; I won't be long.

Damn religious fanatics trying to force others to join them. The reason why humanity is weak can be found in churches. Why believe in a man you never saw when you can believe in yourself?