War Bringer

Somewhere In The Underworld

Mark: Sir, Lucifuge is protected by one and a half million men.

Y/N: What divisions do we have bordering the city?

Mark: The eight, sixth, and first infantry division, sir.

Y/N: Show me a map of the city and its defenders.

Mark: Here you go sir. We know the exact positions of the enemy thanks to our recon jets.

Y/N: The only thing that can pierce that many men are our armored division. Where's the closest one?

Michael: We can't get tanks in the city sir. They are the leading charge of Operation Iron Maiden.

Y/N: There's a tank battalion in every Infantry division. That not enough for us?

Michael: The risk would be high. Keep in mind this is urban terrain which is not favorable for tanks.

Y/N: Right. I have a plan, but it consists of heavy infrastructure bombing.

Matthew: That wouldn't be wise sir. That's the biggest city in this hellhole. The civilian casualties would be too great.

Y/N: Do you have any plans?

Mark: I highly suggest you debate this with the war council.

Y/N: What war council? Azazel betrayed me, Odin has no notion of modern military, and... Gwyntail is dead.

Mark: Our condolences sir.

Y/N: Don't call me sir. Every man is equal in the battlefield. Rank shouldn't separate us.

Mark: What order should we give the Generals?

Y/N: I want that city razed. Bomb every strategic and tactical building. I want artillery fire, close air support, shore bombardment, strategic and tactical bombing. I want the skies to be filled with shells and bombs, but tell our men to not take a single step. Not until we know for certain that victory is guaranteed.

Mark: What about the civilians?

Y/N: Send airborne pamphlets, give them three days. And prepare an amphibious invasion. We're gonna attack that city from all directions.

Mark: Understood. I will pass the orders immediately.

Y/N: I'm coming with you. The men need a morale boost.

It's been nearly a five months of massacres and mass killings. There's a casualty ratio of one to forty, but we knew this would happen from the start. Truth is our forces are simply too technologically advanced. My men use guns, their men use spears. My men use jets, their men use wings. My men use cruisers, destroyers, carriers, submarines, their men use frigates, man'o wars, schooners. Lucifuge is the last stronghold, once it falls the devils will no doubt surrender, and after that god will be next. Gwyntail. I'm sorry. I was a fool, but so were you to fall in love with me. I promise to you that I will become the man you wanted me to be.