Contract: Lisa

Social gatherings are nothing but an excuse for people to warm up to each other and for others to find love interests or have fun. The ones who have some intelligence will try to gain favors, build contacts, and do something that will aid them in the future. I can't say I am one of those people, and the answer to why couldn't be simpler.

It's because I hate most of these events. I find no pleasure in attending weddings or banquets. I can't even think of a reason why others like cheap booze talk about politics and, worst of all, no fist fights. Furthermore, I always preferred the battlefield compared to such events because, on the field, you can shut someone up forcefully when he speaks against you. It is true that violence can always be found in my vocabulary or in my decision-making, and some may call me blind because of it, but as long as I live, I have never seen a more boring waste of time than banquets.

Lisa: What are writing?

Y/N: A book and its title is none of your business.

Lisa: Oh, come on, don't be so mean i wanna know what you're writing. Is it a journal?

Y/N: How much are you willing to give for that information?

Lisa: How about my virginity?

Y/N: Too much of a bother. Anyway, remind me why I'm coming with you.

Lisa: Look, I can't go there alone; I'll get shamed by every guest.

Y/N: Why? Because you don't have a boyfriend by your side?

Lisa: Just relax; you'll be fine. All you have to do is stand beside me and hold my hand. Wait, no, hold my hand with our fingers intertwined. Even better, just hug me for the rest of the evening.

Y/N: How about I hold your purse instead? Maybe I will pay myself for the trouble.

Lisa: Wait, I forgot to mention that most of my relatives will be at the wedding.

Y/N: Relatives? Lisa, you're from Germania.

Lisa: They all moved here—well, not them, their parents—after the gang of four overthrew Speer.

Y/N: Yeah, I remember that huge wave of immigrants arriving at our shores at that time. At least you people were better than the Italians.

Great, I'm attending a wedding filled with Germans, and I'm sure nothing will go wrong. Damned woman, should have never answered her call. Maybe I can sneak out while she is putting her makeup on, but not even I am that cruel, and besides, something tells me that I can sneak away from the wedding with Lisa and use love as an excuse.

I don't see why I shouldn't; I will escape the grasp of a weak drink and find myself in the grasp of a hot and bothered sorceress.

Lisa: I'm ready. Is that what you will wear?

Y/N: Yes, and I better not hear objections from you.

She listened and stopped bothering me, which is good, because I hate suits. Instead of one, I'm wearing my armored shirt, my cargo pants, my fully equipped belt, and the black paint around the eyes, too lazy to wash it off.

Thankfully, the wedding wasn't that far away and so I enjoyed a peaceful drive. That is what I would've said but unfortunatlly peacefull is not a trait I posses and neither does Lisa apparentlly, because on the way to the wedding, she kept bugging me about my fully loaded revolver i keep holstered.