Lady Killer

War is brewing in Europe. Since the coup in Germany most European countries transitioned to a more liberal government. This was huge news for us Americans, finally the cold war was ending, and we were on top, but it's not over yet, there are some who still linger on the Nazi regime and we will stop them, it is our duty as the world's police.

I remember when I was in South Africa, fighting in high tempered jungles, against the German volunteers, yet now we are friends. I remember when people were scared of a nuclear apocalypse, some still are, especially since the Russians got their hands on warheads. I fought for Uncle Sam since I first arrived in this continent, and I will keep fighting, although lately I've realized that I don't fight for freedom as I thought, I fight because I like it. The ringing of artillery, the sweet sound of jets shooting, the screams, moans, and wails, that aroma in the air of smoke, I enjoy fighting in the battlefield.

Venelana: Still keeping a journal I see.

Y/N: It calms me down.

Venelana: Is it the same one from back then?

Y/N: No, I ran out of pages on that one.

Venelana: Did you keep it?

Y/N: No.

Venelana: Why not? Aren't you curious about your old thoughts?

Y/N: My thoughts are always the same.

Venelana: You mean violent?

Y/N: Yes. I think of action even as we speak.

I was outside on the balcony watching as the sun slowly decent and moon slowly climbing towards the stars. I enjoy watching the moon as much as I enjoy combat, the only difference is that one reminds me of the few enjoyable experiences I had in my life.

Venelana: Do you remember this?

She showed me a bracelet made with priceless gems I couldn't recognize, probably because recently with the whole Legend of The Night ordeal I've seen so many get stolen that I forgot any significant ones I knew.

Y/N: Remind me.

Venelana: It was my mother's. You were the one who returned it to me.

I remember now, that was back before the war, when I had close ties with the Bael family.

Y/N: That was a night to remember.

Venelana: Yet you still forgot about it.

Y/N: I remember when I first saw you. You were one of those party hard girls.

Venelana: *giggles* And you were scary. Always had that look on your face that screamed "You're easy prey".

Y/N: That's just my face.

Venelana: You have a scary face then.

Y/N: You didn't seem to complain about it when I saved your life from imminent death, you were holding me so tight I had to wait for you to sleep and then leave.

Venelana: Remember when Runeas stole your journal?

Y/N: Had to kill seven men and one kraken that day.

Venelana: She's still alive you know.

Y/N: Unfortunately.

Venelana: Hey, now that I think about it you never told me how you met her.

Y/N: Found her at a brothel asking me to help her sister from a group of rapists, yet when I arrived at the supposed location I got jumped by Rock Trolls.