Chapter 368: Ideological Chaos

Shinagawa City, Tokyo, Japan

At an undisclosed location

1:18 PM

3rd person POV

An injured Akutagawa and Yoru were already treated after their supposed loss to the Crimson Shinigami who floored them in their battle.

*THUD*

Yoru: Damn it!!

He exclaimed after slamming his fist onto a wall.

Yoru: I can't believe we allowed them to get the upper hand on us like that!!

Kanae: Well, what did you expect? Even with your intellect. Their fighting capabilities as from what I've seen are definitely far superior than I thought it would be.

Yoru: Even so. I won't let them get away with this. I'm going back out there.

Akutagawa: Fool! Don't even think about it.

Yoru: What?

Akutagawa approaches the young man as he too let's his own frustration out.

Akutagawa: You think you're the only one who had been bested?? If you're going out their with such recklessness then you don't stand a chance against them.

Yoru: Heh! That's rich coming from you. I thought you'd do the same??

Akutagawa: That is true but knowing who we are up against. I doubt they'll simply give us an easy win. If we don't deal with them soon, he'll soon come after the boss.

Kanae: They won't get that chance. Our only option is to get backup.

Yoru: You do realize that our backup has officially been dwindling the moment the Crimson Shinigami started their rampage in Tokyo. We barely have any forces left here in Tokyo and that goes the same for our resources. That's why we need to stop them now before they target Yokohama.

Kanae: You think I don't know that?

Yoru: *Sigh* Whatever. What matters to me is finding out where they are hiding.

Akutagawa: And how do you plan on finding them?

Yoru: There is one place that they have yet to attack. They'll probably go there to lure us in but not if we get their first.

Kanae: You're talking about that outpost, aren't you?

Yoru: The main stronghold of the Port Mafia in the entirety of Tokyo.

Kanae: Of course. If they are planning to lure us out again. That would be their target. Luckily, we have been hearing from them for a while now so it's a good sign that Daigo Haru and his crew hasn't taken that place down yet.

Akutagawa: That's good enough. We should send some forces from Yokohama here in Shinagawa.

Yoru: No, that would take too long. If we wait for backup to arrive, it's likely that Daigo would've been ready for that. We'd just lose more people if that's the case.

Kanae: Then what do you suggest? Are we just going to the outpost and wait for them?

Yoru: Is there a better option?

Kanae: Well, it is better than to just go through the entire city.

Akutagawa: Then we should gather what remains of our resources. I'd hate to go around fighting them without any insurance or wasting what we have left.

Yoru: Then what are we waiting for? 

Kanae: Let's make haste with our preparations. We can't let Daigo Haru get ahead of us.