Chapter 379: Concept of Reality

At an undisclosed location

Inside of the meeting hall.

Fyodor was nearly done speaking with the politician, Tsuruoka through a TV screen. 

Tsuruoka: Just one more incident and the entire country will have no choice but to comply to the Prime Minister's actions.

Fyodor: Excellent.

Tsuruoka: I will speak to you again at a later date. I will provide you with the locations of the six remaining Calamity weapons. 

Fyodor: Provide me with an update as soon as possible. 

Tsuruoka: I will.

The screen turns off as Fyodor then turns to the Celestial Angels present in the meeting hall. 

Sigma: Fyodor, are we still supposed to trust him?

Fyodor: Of course. Tsuruoka-san is still valuable to our cause. 

Dante: I don't trust him. That man along with the Prime Minister are suspicious in my eyes. 

Kafka: I agree with Dante. I can smell a betrayal coming our way if we don't do anything about them.

Jane: Why not just kill Tsuruoka and then we can have someone like Kaito Kid impersonate him so that we can get more government information?

Leo: Because it wouldn't be satisfying for our leader to win in such a way. He's a man who enjoys the suffering of others and Tsuruoka and the Prime Minister will soon learn the meaning of it. 

Nikolai: That's right, Leo-kun!! It's not fun if our playthings just die off. It would be too boring anyway. 

Goethe: Keeping him alive ensures that the Prime Minister isn't heavily suspicious of us. Not that it matters at the end of the day. What about the Ayanokouji and the Armed Detective Agency?

Jane: That's right. I can't believe a kid like that managed to slip the Calamity weapon right under Fyodor-sama's nose! I can't accept that! 

Leo: I understand your frustration, but the loss of one Calamity weapon isn't going to stop us from getting the next six that will soon be in our hands. 

Dante: I agree. There's no point in worrying about these minor issues. As long as we have the other Calamity weapons. The world as we know it will soon turn into hell itself. 

Sigma: What's our next move now, Fyodor?

Fyodor: We wait for Tsuruoka's update. In the meantime. Johann-san, how is our recent project?

Goethe: Progress on the modified vampire serum is going as expected. However, the self-replicating nanobots are still a work in progress but once that's complete. We'll soon have ourselves an entire vampire army as well at our disposal. 

Fyodor: Excellent. What of our test subject-excuse me, our 9th Celestial Angel member?

Goethe: Still alive obviously. 

Fyodor: Good. 

Goethe: Though there is something that I need in order to fully complete the nanotechnology required. 

Jane: And what would that be?

Goethe: It can only be found among the Yotsuba clan's many research facilities. 

Leo: Yotsuba?

Goethe: One of the most powerful families in Japan specializing in science, technology, and secretly, weapons of war. Unlike the Shinomiyas or the Shijos. The Yotsubas are more focused on innovation and creating weapons for the country especially when dealing with terrorist forces which of course includes us.