Chapter 419: Ice and Hellfire

Tsukuba City, Japan

3rd person POV

The military has been mobilized for some time as they head towards the Facility Omega.

The largest of research labs that the Yotsubas have built.

It is a dangerous idea for the government to allow the military to go into the city itself just to endanger human lives in the process.

But of course, this is under Tsuruoka's orders along with the prime minister who both wouldn't care what happens as long as things are going smoothly as planned for Apocalypse.

Though Tsuruoka had other ideas.

He intentionally had the new head of the Ministry of Defense who immediately replaced Karasuma Tadaomi to pretend that there are problems within their forces that they have to deal with, so their arrival has been slower than what is scheduled.

In reality though, it was a good distraction on Tsuruoka's part since he was able to contact one of the Celestial Angels that is currently in the facility itself to send some of their forces to "stop" them so that Tsuruoka and the prime minister have a solid excuse for the people and other organizations that they couldn't reach the facility due to the terrorist's interference.

The helicopters and soldiers that are in the city of Tsukuba are now being "occupied" by Apocalypse's forces.

Meanwhile

Taskforce Base

L along with Blank are checking on the monitors and even catching and listening few radio transmissions from the military trying to assist with what's been going on with the Yotsuba facility.

Obviously, given their quick thinking, they already deduced what's been happening with the military that L just called for backup and realizes that truth.

Sora: Now this is absolute bullshit. What the fuck are the military doing anyway!?

Shiro (Blank): No need to be that vulgar.

L: Looks like they won't be getting that backup. Kiyotaka and the rest are going to be in more trouble now as it is.

Shiro (Blank): Still, it's odd don't you think?

Sora: I know. It's like the army that they sent who should be there by the way are intentionally slowing down and that's before Apocalypse's forces suddenly started "attacking" them.

L: They barely did any sort of attack or provocation though. It's as if this standstill seems to be choreographed. As it it's convenient timing that the terrorists began to stop them as the military were taking a while to arrive. Something is definitely wrong here.

Sora: Are you sure there's nothing wrong within the government so far? I mean we just had a call from Dazai that it had something to do with a government official. Though, he did say that it's his problem and we shouldn't be too worried about that as of yet.

L: Still...I had that feeling for some time.

Shiro (Blank): What feeling?

L: That there's been something brewing within the government that I'm not aware of. I know the Armed Detective Agency are in charge of that as of now, but I want someone to investigate that. 

Sora: We don't have a lot of people to ask you know. Those two successors of yours are too busy with the Port Mafia, the two DA girls, Nishikigi and Inoue are too busy trying to clear their organization's name despite having to work in the shadows, and I think this Conan guy is still busy looking into the Black Organization more. Our hands are way too full at the moment.