chapter 13: civil wedding

At Judge Xandra's courtroom...

Under the solemn gaze of Judge Xandra, Red, and Neri exchanged vows, their voices steady with determination and love. With only Tito Marco, their trusted uncle, and three court staff as witnesses, the intimate ceremony felt all the more meaningful.

Judge Xandra: "Red, do you take Neri to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?"

Red's eyes shimmered with emotion as he looked into Neri's eyes, his voice unwavering.

Red: "I do."

Judge Xandra turned her gaze to Neri, her expression filled with warmth.

Judge Xandra: "And Neri, do you take Red to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?"

Neri's heart swelled with love as she spoke her vows, her voice echoing with sincerity.

Neri: "I do."

With their vows exchanged and rings slipped onto each other's fingers, Judge Xandra pronounced them husband and wife.

Judge Xandra: "By the power vested in me by the law, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may seal your union with a kiss."

Amidst the murmurs of congratulations from Tito Marco and the court staff, Red and Neri shared a tender kiss, sealing their love and commitment to each other for all eternity. In that moment, surrounded by love and support, they knew that their journey together was just beginning, filled with endless possibilities and boundless love.

With the exchange of vows and the tender kiss that sealed their union, Red and Neri's hearts swelled with overwhelming joy. They held each other tightly, feeling the weight of their commitment and the depth of their love.

Tito Marco approached them, his eyes shimmering with pride and affection.

Marco: "Congratulations, my dear Red and Neri. May your marriage be filled with love, understanding, and unwavering support for each other."

Red and Neri smiled at Tito Marco, feeling grateful for his presence and his unwavering support throughout their journey.

Red: "Thank you, Tito Marco. We couldn't have done this without you."

Neri nodded in agreement, her eyes brimming with emotion.

Neri: "Yes, thank you for everything, Tito Marco. You've been our rock through it all."

Tito Marco pulled them both into a warm embrace, a sense of contentment filling his heart.

Marco: "You two deserve all the happiness in the world. I'll always be here for you, cheering you on every step of the way."

As they basked in the joy of their newlywed bliss, Red and Neri felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude for the love and support that surrounded them. With Tito Marco by their side and their love for each other as their guiding light, they knew that their future was bright and full of promise. Together, they were ready to face whatever challenges life may bring, secure in the knowledge that their love was unbreakable.

After the heartfelt ceremony officiated by Judge Xandra, Red, Neri, Tito Marco, and the court staff gathered for a simple lunch in Judge Xandra's staff room. The atmosphere was warm and relaxed, filled with laughter and shared moments of joy.