chapter 21: the necklace

Despite the turmoil in her heart, Neri obediently freshened up and put on her best dress as Red had instructed. She couldn't shake off the hurt and disappointment of Red forgetting their anniversary, but she pushed those feelings aside for the sake of their professional meeting with the client.

As she looked at herself in the mirror, Neri forced a smile, hoping to conceal the storm of emotions raging inside her. She knew that putting on a brave face was necessary, especially in front of the client.

With a deep breath, Neri joined Red, her outward appearance belying the turmoil within. She was determined to handle the meeting with professionalism and grace, despite the ache in her heart.

Red: "You look beautiful as always,"

Neri forced a smile, her eyes reflecting the pain she felt inside. "Thank you," she replied softly, her voice tinged with sadness.

Red's brow furrowed with concern as he noticed the sadness in Neri's eyes. "Are you okay? You seem distant?"

Neri plastered on a smile, masking her true feelings. "I'm fine. Just a bit tired from the journey."

Red studied her for a moment, his expression troubled. "If anything is bothering you, you can talk to me, you know."

Neri nodded, the weight of her emotions threatening to overwhelm her. "I know, Red. Thank you."

With that, they headed out to meet the client, their professional demeanor masking the personal turmoil brewing beneath the surface. Neri was determined to navigate the meeting with poise and composure, regardless of the ache in her heart.

Neri's breath caught in her throat as the door swung open, revealing a beautifully decorated room bathed in soft candlelight. The strains of their favorite song played on a violin, filled the air, sending shivers down her spine.

Tears welled up in Neri's eyes as she took in the scene before her. She couldn't believe what she was seeing. Despite her earlier doubts and frustrations, it seemed that Red had orchestrated a surprise to celebrate their wedding anniversary after all.

Red stood beside her, a small smile playing on his lips as he watched her reaction. He had planned this moment meticulously, wanting to make their anniversary memorable despite his earlier oversight.

Neri turned to Red, her eyes shimmering with unshed tears. "Red, I... I don't know what to say."

Red reached for her hand, his touch gentle and reassuring. "You don't have to say anything. I just wanted to make this day special for us... Happy 3rd anniversary my wife, and praying for many more anniversaries to come... I love you my life."

Overwhelmed with emotion, Neri threw her arms around Red, holding him tightly as the music enveloped them in its sweet melody. At that moment, all the hurt and disappointment of earlier melted away, replaced by a profound sense of love and gratitude for the man standing beside her.

As they swayed together to the music, surrounded by the soft glow of candlelight, Red and Neri knew that no matter what challenges lay ahead, their love would always be the guiding light that led them through the darkness. And as they celebrated their anniversary in each other's arms, they were reminded once again of the strength and resilience of their bond, a bond that would endure for a lifetime.

Their hearts intertwined with the sweet melody of their song, Red and Neri danced together in the candlelit room, lost in the moment of shared love and understanding. With each step, they moved in harmony, their connection growing stronger with every beat of the music,

In that intimate embrace, surrounded by the warmth of their shared love, Red and Neri seem in heaven.

As the song came to an end, Red and Neri held each other close, cherishing the moment and the love that had brought them together. In that quiet embrace, they knew that no matter what challenges lay ahead, they would face them together, hand in hand, united in their commitment to each other.