chapter 50: the orchard

Red and Neri strolled through the lush guava and mango orchard in Guimaras, their grandkids bounding ahead with excitement. The air was fragrant with the sweet aroma of ripe fruit, and the trees swayed gently in the warm breeze.

Red: "Look at them, Neri. They're having the time of their lives."

Neri: "They sure are, Red. It's moments like these that they'll remember forever."

As they wandered through the orchard, Red and Neri joined their grandkids in picking guavas and mangoes, their laughter echoing amidst the trees. The children eagerly reached for the ripest fruits, their faces lighting up with delight as they filled their baskets with nature's bounty.

Red: "Remember when we used to do this with our kids?"

Neri: "Of course, Red. Those were some of the best times."

They shared a smile, reminiscing about days gone by as they continued to pick fruit alongside their grandkids. For Red and Neri, moments like these were a reminder of the simple joys of life and the importance of cherishing every precious moment spent with loved ones.

As the sun began to dip towards the horizon, they gathered their harvest and made their way back to their accommodation, their hearts full and their spirits lifted by the beauty of the day. As they sat down to enjoy their freshly picked guavas and mangoes, surrounded by the ones they loved most, Red and Neri knew that they were truly blessed.

As the sun cast its golden rays over the tranquil orchard, Red and Neri sat amidst their grandchildren, enjoying the fruits of their labor. The sweet scent of guavas and mangoes filled the air, mingling with the laughter and chatter of their young companions.

Neri: "These guavas are delicious, aren't they?"

Red: "Absolutely, Neri. And these mangoes are perfectly ripe too."

Their grandkids nodded eagerly, their mouths already stained with the juices of the ripe fruits.

Grandson Vermell: "Grandpa, Grandma, can we do this again tomorrow?"

Red: "Of course, Vermell! We can come back and pick even more fruits."

Granddaughter Risa: "And maybe we can make some guava jam or mango smoothies!"

Neri: "That sounds like a wonderful idea, Risa. We'll have a whole day of fruity fun!"

As they savored the sweetness of the moment, Red and Neri exchanged glances, their hearts brimming with gratitude for the simple joys of family and togetherness. Amid the orchard's beauty, surrounded by the laughter and innocence of their grandchildren, they found peace and contentment.

As they sat amidst the lush greenery of the orchard in Guimaras, Red couldn't help but be transported back to simpler times, when he would bring guavas and mangoes from Lake Sebu to Neri in their cozy home in Koronadal City. The memory of Neri's eyes sparkling with joy and anticipation as he presented her with the fruits of his labor filled his heart with warmth.

Red: "Do you remember, Neri? How your eyes used to light up every time I brought guavas and mangoes from Lake Sebu?"

Neri smiled, her gaze softening with nostalgia as she recalled those cherished moments.

Neri: "Of course, Red. Those were some of the happiest times of my life. I always looked forward to your return from Lake Sebu, knowing that you would bring back the most delicious fruits for us to enjoy together."

Red: "And you would always find the most creative ways to use them in your cooking. Your guava pies and mango desserts were legendary!"

Neri chuckled, a hint of pride in her voice as she remembered her culinary experiments.