chapter 34: shocking revelation

As Red and Neri embarked on their journey to Koronadal City, anticipation bubbled within them, mingled with a sense of excitement for what Neri's mother wanted to discuss. They drove along the familiar roads, hand in hand, their hearts filled with hope and curiosity.

Arriving at Neri's childhood home, they were greeted by her mother with a warm smile, though there was a hint of apprehension in her eyes. They settled into the living room, the air thick with anticipation, as Neri's mother took a deep breath, preparing to share her news.

Neri's Mother Raquel: "There's something I need to tell you, something that I should have revealed a long time ago."

Neri and Red exchanged a puzzled glance, their curiosity piqued.

Neri: "What is it, Mom?"

Raquelhesitated, her voice tinged with regret.

She took a deep breath, her voice trembling with emotion as she prepared to reveal the truth that had weighed heavily on her heart for so long.

Raquel: "Neri, there's something important I need to tell you. You... you're not your father's biological daughter."

Neri's breath caught in her throat, her eyes widening in shock as she struggled to comprehend the enormity of her mother's words.

Neri: "What... what do you mean, Mom? How is that possible?"

Raquel: "I recently discovered some information that has turned our world upside down. Your father and I... we never intended to keep this from you, but we were afraid of how you would react."

Neri's mind raced with a million questions, her heart heavy with confusion and disbelief.

Neri: "But... but who is my biological father?"

Raquel hesitated, her eyes filled with sorrow.

Neri's Mother: "I'm sorry, Neri. I don't have all the answers yet. But I promise to help you find the truth, no matter how difficult it may be."

As Neri sat in disbelief, her mother's words echoing in her mind, she felt as though the ground had been ripped out from beneath her feet. The truth, though painful, explained so much of the tension and rejection she had experienced from her family.

Tears streamed down Neri's face as she struggled to process the magnitude of the revelation. The sense of betrayal and confusion threatened to consume her, leaving her feeling adrift in a sea of uncertainty.

Her mother's apology hung in the air, heavy with regret and remorse, but Neri found herself unable to respond. The pain ran too deep, the wounds too fresh for forgiveness to come easily.

In that moment of heart-wrenching realization, Neri felt a whirlwind of emotions raging within her—anger, sadness, and a profound sense of loss. But amidst the turmoil, one thing remained constant: the unwavering love and support of Red, her rock in the stormy sea of uncertainty.

Neri's voice wavered as she spoke, the weight of the revelation settling heavily upon her shoulders.

Neri: "So, Red and I are not second cousins... we are not blood-related?"