chapter 33: Rouge's wedding

Fifteen years later...

Rouge, now 31 years old, celebrated his wedding day. Despite extending invitations to Red and Neri's parents, they didn't attend, breaking Red and Neri's hearts. Rouge and his siblings—Rosso, Marielle, and Maryze—felt deeply hurt, harboring feelings of resentment. They found the situation filled with too much animosity.

Red: "I can't believe they didn't come, Neri. After all these years, I thought maybe they'd come around for Rouge's wedding."

Neri: "I know, Red. It's disappointing, to say the least. But we can't let their absence overshadow this special day for Rouge."

Rouge: "I just wish they could've put aside their differences for today. It's hard not having them here."

Rosso: "Yeah, it hurts. But you know what? We have each other. That's what matters."

Marielle: "You're right, Rosso. We're a family, and we'll always support each other, no matter what."

Maryze: "And besides, we have so many other people here who love and care about us. Let's focus on celebrating with them."

Red: "You're all so wise beyond your years. I'm proud of every one of you. Let's not dwell on the negativity. Today is about love and happiness."

Neri: "Exactly. Rouge, my dear, you're about to start a beautiful journey with your partner. Let's embrace this moment and fill it with love and joy."

Rouge: "Thank you, Mom, and Dad. And thank you, siblings. I'm so grateful to have such an amazing family by my side, even if certain people are missing."

[As they shared their thoughts and feelings, the family found strength in their unity and resilience. Though the absence of Red and Neri's parents cast a shadow over the day, they refused to let it dampen their spirits. Instead, they chose to focus on the love and support they had for one another, reaffirming their bond as a family.]

As the ceremony began, Red and Neri stood proudly at the altar with Rouge.  Their hearts overflowing with joy and pride for their son, Rouge.

Red: "Neri, look at how beautiful everything looks. Our son is getting married in such a stunning setting."

Neri: "Yes, it's breathtaking. I couldn't be happier for him."

Red: "I just hope his grandparents would have been here to witness this moment."

Neri: "I know, dear. It's unfortunate, but let's focus on the love and happiness surrounding us today."

Red: "You're right. Our family and friends are all here to celebrate with us. That's what matters most."

Meanwhile, Rouge and his beloved exchanged loving glances as they exchanged vows, their voices filled with emotion.

Rouge: "My love, standing here with you today in this beautiful church, surrounded by our loved ones, I am filled with gratitude and joy. You are my rock, my partner in all things, and I promise to love and cherish you for all the days of my life."

His beloved: "Rouge, from the moment I met you, I knew you were the one I wanted to spend forever with. Today, as we stand before our family and friends, I vow to support you, uplift you, and stand by your side through all of life's challenges. I love you more than words can express."

As the ceremony concluded, cheers erupted from the gathered guests, their hearts filled with love and hope for the newlyweds. Red and Neri embraced their son and his new spouse, tears of joy streaming down their faces as they welcomed them into the next chapter of their lives.