chapter 22: walk along the beach

As they sat on the veranda, the gentle breeze caressed their faces, and the distant sound of waves crashing against the shore filled the air. Red noticed the furrow in Neri's brow, and the slight tension in her shoulders, and he couldn't help but feel a pang of concern.

Red: "I've noticed that something seems to be bothering you lately. Is everything okay?"

Neri hesitated for a moment, her gaze drifting out toward the horizon before she turned to meet Red's concerned eyes.

Neri: "It's just... I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed lately. With work, family, and everything else going on, I guess I've been struggling to find balance."

Red reached out and took her hand in his, his touch a comforting anchor amid her turmoil.

Red: "You don't have to carry the weight of the world on your shoulders, share the weight on me. We're in this together, remember?"

Neri: Yes

Neri nodded, a small smile tugging at the corners of her lips as she squeezed his hand gently.

Red: but that's what your mouth says, but your eyes say something else ...we promised to be honest, right?

Neri: "I know, Red... I am thinking who is that pretty lady with you in the restaurant you having lunch with?"

Red: " A lady? Prettier than you?"

Neri: "I am serious!"

Red: "Ohhhh ...I remember ..she's Madam Victoria's daughter, the owner of House of Gold, Tita Xandra's best friend... I ordered from her the necklace ... That noontime, she delivered the necklace herself upon knowing I am Tita Xandra's nephew-in-law... out of manners, I invited her for lunch ... And she accepted it ... We dine together with her husband,"

Neri: "With her husband?"

Red: " I intentionally did not inform you, how could it be a surprise if you know I bought a necklace for you?"

Neri: "If this necklace is from House of Gold, then you spend a fortune!"

Red: "Just so happens that I saved that for three years and that's the necklace I afford...if only I could afford more than that, I would not hesitate to buy it for you,"

Neri: "Oh I am sorry for doubting you,"

Red: Haha

Neri: "Why do you laugh?"

Red: "You get jealous...means you love me so much,"

Neri: "You doubt my love?"

Red: "No! I am sorry I hurt you unintentionally,"

Neri: "So fool of me,"

Red smiled in understanding, his gaze filled with unwavering support and love.

Red: "Well, we are settled then. Please in case of doubt, ask... Whatever you're going through, I'm here for you. Always."

With those words, they leaned into each other, finding solace in the simple act of being together. And as they watched the stars twinkle in the night sky, they knew that no matter what challenges lay ahead, they would face them united their love as steadfast as the eternal tide.

As soft hues of dawn filtered through the curtains, Red and Neri were greeted by a serene atmosphere, a reflection of the peace they had found in each other's arms. They took a moment to embrace the tranquility of the space, letting the warmth of their love envelop them like a comforting blanket.

Red turned to Neri, his eyes alight with tenderness.

Red: "We start this new day with a fresh perspective. Let's leave behind any doubts or worries and focus on the beauty of the present moment."