chapter 45: commemorate

On the solemn occasion of Neri's mother's death anniversary, the family gathered at the memorial park to attend a mass in her honor. As they stood together, surrounded by the peaceful serenity of the park, they offered prayers and reflected on cherished memories of their beloved matriarch.

The priest's words offered comfort and solace to the grieving family, reminding them of the eternal bond of love that transcends even death. As they bowed their heads in prayer, Neri felt a sense of peace wash over her, knowing that her mother's spirit was watching over them from above.

After the mass, they joined the other families gathered at the park for a communal gathering. Amidst the somber atmosphere, there was also a palpable sense of unity and support as families came together to honor their loved ones.

Neri's siblings, Piolo, Eric, and Aubrey, stood by her side, offering silent support and solidarity as they remembered their mother's life and legacy. Despite the pain of their loss, they found strength in each other's presence, drawing comfort from their shared memories and the enduring love of their family.

As they mingled with the other families, sharing stories and reminiscing about their loved ones, Neri felt a sense of gratitude for the precious moments they had shared with her mother. Though she was no longer with them in body, her spirit lived on in the hearts of those who loved her.

As the sun began to set, casting a warm glow over the park, the family took a moment to say a final farewell to Neri's mother, their hearts filled with love and gratitude for the time they had spent together. 

With a heavy heart and tear-streaked cheeks, Neri bowed her head and whispered a prayer, her voice trembling with emotion.

"Heavenly Father," she began, her words choked with sorrow, "I entrust my beloved mother into Your loving arms, praying for her eternal repose and peace. May she find solace and comfort in Your presence, surrounded by Your everlasting love and grace."

Tears streamed down Neri's face as she continued, "Mom, as I bid you farewell, I want you to know that I forgive you. I forgive you for any pain or hurt you may have caused, for I understand that we are all flawed and imperfect beings. Your love and sacrifices will forever be cherished in my heart, and I am grateful for the time we shared."

As they left the memorial park, the atmosphere was filled with a mix of emotions – sadness for the loss they still felt keenly, but also gratitude for the opportunity to honor Neri's mother's memory together as a family.

Neri walked alongside her siblings, Piolo, Eric, and Aubrey, feeling their comforting presence beside her. Despite the pain of their mother's absence, there was a sense of closeness and unity among them, strengthened by their shared grief.

As they made their way to a nearby gathering organized in memory of their mother, they were greeted by friends and relatives who had come to pay their respects. Hugs were exchanged, and words of sympathy and support were offered, providing solace amid sorrow.

Neri's heart swelled with gratitude as she looked around at the faces of those who had come to honor her mother's memory. Each presence was a reminder of the love and impact her mother had on those around her.

The gathering was filled with moments of shared reminiscence and laughter, as friends and family members shared stories and anecdotes about Neri's mother – her kindness, her wisdom, and her enduring love for her family.

As they settled in for the night, Red felt a sense of happiness wash over him. He knew that his wife, Neri, was now free from the bondage of anger, pain, and hurt.

Feeling a sense of contentment wash over him, Red watched as Neri's breathing softened and her features relaxed in peaceful slumber. He knew that the journey they had been on together, filled with its share of struggles and challenges, had led them to this moment of tranquility.