Chapter 4: A Shock!

Meanwhile... somewhere else.

SHING!

???: "You know, you've really annoyed me, asshat. Do you think that robbing people is right? Shame that it happened to be me you robbed. You thieves are all the same."

Thief: "Wait..! Wait..! I-I need it f-for my fam-"

???: "Your family? What family? You don't have a family anymore."

Thief: "W-wha-?"

Suddenly, dark shadow hands break through the floor, they grab the thief's head, their mouth, their arms, their shoulders, and they pull the thief down. The Thief screams in terror. And... he disappears into the darkness below him.

???: "Hmph. Damned Thief. Well, out of all my kills, you were the least annoying to kill, but your actions leading up to your death annoyed me the most. But hey, your family'll miss you, but it ain't my problem."

The man unsheathes his twin blades, and places them at his sides. He then cracks his knuckles and dusts himself off.

???: "Word gets around quick. Rumours about some guy. Hmph. Why would he... I don't understand. Why now? I have to find him. But... I don't know who he is... what he is... where he is..."

The man sighs, and clenches his knuckles.

???: "But I'll find him. I'll tell him."

He takes a step, and walks further into the alley. Hidden by the shadows.

At the Inn...

Toby sleeps, he looks very, very comfortable. The soft snoring, the-

Luke: "Rise and shine, princess!"

Toby: "EEP!"

Toby bangs his head into Luke's, and they share a moment of pain.

Toby: "Ngh...OW! For a dumbass with no brain, that actually hurt!"

Luke: "Woah! Don't headbutt me. That's uncool... Anyways..! I'm gonna do it again!"

Toby: "Hmm?"

Luke: "That Luna girl... She has to join our squad!"

Toby: "Mhm..?"

Luke: "She's related to that bum Shizune, right? That means she's an archer! I mean... very stereotypical for elves to be archers, but maybe they're just good at it. Like me being good at being awesome."

Toby: "Yeah."

Luke: "I bet her fire's gonna be awesome!"

Toby: "Hmm... Maybe! She's gotta have the fire, right? My mother had the wind element. It must pass down in the families, right?"

Luke: "Especially elves!"

They jump and hug each other in excitement.

Luke: "I'm gonna find her, and ask her!"

Toby: "Do you... even know where she is?"

Luke: "She works here. I'm sure I can easily find her if I just ask."

Toby: "Okay, go for it."

Luke runs out of the inn room.

Toby: "Huh... He's actually gonna do it. Hm."

After a while... He eventually finds a familiar looking elf.

Luke: "Luna! Luna! I'm happy to see you!"

Luna?: "And I'm happy to see you too, Luke."

Luke: "You sound odd..."

Luna?: "And YOU sound like a loser!"