Chapter 17: Confidence

The city of Lusni Khavarum, what used to be a peaceful town with barely any form of attackers, now in danger. In the middle of a crowd, stands Luna and Adam.

Adam: "Hah, for just an ordinary elf, you did well to hit me, toots."

Luna: "Yikes, you give me the creeps, creepy."

She stands close to Liv.

Luna: "Liv, just stay there. I won't let this guy hurt you anymore."

She grits her teeth. Where's Luke? Where's Toby? Weren't they just with her? They set off together, and now she's on her own? She shudders. She hopes nothing bad happened to either of them.

Adam: "Aww. You're so cute. I can see the anger, confusion and worry in your face. Why don't you come over here, and I'll let you know exactly I plan to do to them as soon as I get my hands on them?!"

Luna: "Ugh, just shut your mouth."

She pulls on her bow. Adam jumps towards her in a flash. She quickly dashes out of the way using her electricity.

Adam: "Woah, you're fast. This might be troubling."

Luna: "I haven't been slacking. I'll let you know that for sure right now."

She lets go, a bolt of lightning hits Adam again, he shakes his head.

Adam: "Urk, so that's how you're playing. Right, got you."

Luna is suddenly pulled towards him by a gust of strong wind, Adam hits her with a serious gut punch, and he clasps his fists together and swings down on her like a sledgehammer. She falls onto the ground, but rolls and grabs his legs. She then sends a huge shock into his body, electrocuting him. He falls over, Luna gets back up, and she sends her foot into his face. He dodges it in the nick of time, grabs her foot, and swings her around.

Luna: "Gyahhh!!!"

He lets go, but suddenly she's caught in mid air. She opens her eyes to see who it is. 

Luke: "Hey, sorry. I heard some commotion over here, so I assumed this bastard was here."

Toby: "ADAM!!! I WON'T GO DOWN BY A MEASLY GUST OF WIND!"

Luke sets Luna down. The three look at Adam all with steaming anger.

Adam: "Aw man... 3 people at once? You're seriously going to be like that..? No fun. Well, more fun for me. Gives me more time to dissect your bodies if you're all crowded in one place."

Luke: "I won't let you do that to any one of us. We aren't that interesting!"

Adam: "Oho, my brother Toby is. A multi-hybrid like ourselves would be a real treat to dissect."

Toby: "I'll be the one to dissect you, you bastard!"

In the matter of seconds, Toby and Adam clash. Adam laughs in Toby's face like a maniac. 

Toby: "Hmph. I saw where I went wrong last time. Let me show you a proper beatdown."

Adam: "You ain't gonna do shit!"

Toby tilts his head, and smirks at him. With one of his hands, he places his mask on.

Luke: "Oh hey! That's an old sight to behold."

Adam: "Nice mask. What's it gonna do, huh?"

Toby breathes. The green smoke comes out. And Toby's eyes flash green. Adam is then sent flying into the sky.

Adam: "Hah! Just try me! I'm more of a beast in the sky!"

A shadow flies over him, and he looks up. Luna's also in the sky, floating on a white little cloud.

Luna: "Hi!~"

Adam: "Are you fucking kidding-"

He's then sent to the floor along with a huge bolt of lightning. He hits some hard steel, being Luke's shield, which crushes some of his ribs. Luke then slams him onto the floor with his shield. Adam laughs hysterically.

Adam: "Oh! Oho! That was fun! But I could do better than that."

He begins levitating. Luke, Toby, and Luna are dragged underneath him quickly, and they all slam against each other, and they are then thrown onto the ground, causing a small crater.

Luke: "Hrg..."

Toby: "Can't... give... up..."

Toby rolls back up into action. He breathes once more, and then pulls out 4 guns at the same time.

Adam: "Oh man! You really are stupid."

Toby nods along with him.

Adam: "Why the hell're you nodding at an insult?! Are you stupid?"

Luke: "Nah, he isn't. But this is."

Luna stands next to Toby. She pats his back, and she readies her bow. She pulls back the bowstring, and suddenly, a chunk of lightning that seems to be scattered in different bolts takes place of her usual one, strong bolt.

Luna: "You're THROUGH!!!"

Toby and Luna fire their weapons. Luna's electricity and Toby's wind bullets combine, creating small clouds in the air that start raining pure havoc of shocking bullets at Adam. He swiftly dodges most things that come at him, though. But unluckily for him, Luke opens his palm, and seems to bless the clouds, which causes them to shoot out even bigger bullets, and when the bullets hit the floor, they explode into small explosions that start causing elemental explosions. 

Adam: "GYAHH!"

He absorbs the attacks somehow. He then laughs.

Adam: "Oh man, Oh man! That was pretty awesome, but it sucked ass. Let me show you-"

Adam's words are cut short, as Liv stuffs him into her cannon, and shoots him at Luke, who then bashes him towards Toby, who then sends gusts of winds that propel him to Luna, who then gathers electricity in her hands, and then she sucker punches Adam while he's vulnerable, sending him flying back towards Luke, who then bashes him onto the floor.

Luna: "Haha! Liv! Thank god, I-"

Liv: "I WON'T GO DOWN THAT EASILY! I ONLY EVER HAVE ONCE! NEVER AGAIN!!!"