Return

(Y/n) Stacy was sat in the lunchroom across from Cindy and his sister, Mary Jane at his side, when he spotted the duo enter the room. It had been a week since Ben Parker's death and as far as he knew nobody had heard from Peter until now. Everyone had considered visiting him but they had all agreed to give him time.

"Hey" (y/n)'s greeting quickly caused the girls to notice Peter and Harry as they approached.

"Peter!" Gwen quickly stood and ran to the boy, pulling him into a hug.

"Hey guys" Peter replied simply as he patted Gwen's back and looked at the others. "Hope I haven't missed to much"

"You kidding?" (Y/n) asked with a smirk. "You missed everything! Mary Jane and I are dating now, Cindy is The Devil Of Hell's Kitchen, Harry is gay, and Gwen just told us all of her undying love for you"

Gwen quickly pulled back from Peter as she heard her brother say that, causing MJ and (y/n) both to break out into a fit of giggles. Cindy just rolled her eyes and Harry shook his head.

Peter also smiled but for different reasons. He had expected that everyone would treat him differently now, and he was sure that was still true to a certain extent, but here (y/n) was still joking around with him. He then looked at Cindy "I can totally see it"

"Hey!" Cindy laughed as she crossed her arms. "If anyone here is a demon it's MJ"

"Sure, demonify the redhead" MJ huffed over dramatically. "Now are you three gonna sit or should the rest of us stand?"

"Oh! Right" Gwen quickly returned to her seat before patting the seat next to her. Peter took her signal and sat on the seat beside her, Harry taking the other seat beside him.

It was silent for a moment after that aside from the sounds of people eating and talking around the room. Finally the silence was broken by Peter. "Seriously though, did I miss anything big?"

"Not really" Harry was the first to answer. "It's been quiet"

"Boring" Gwen nodded in agreement.

"It's good to have you back" Mary Jane added in.

Peter was about to thank MJ when suddenly and in a depressed tone Cindy spoke. "A pigeon stole my muffin this morning"

"She got mugged by a bird" (y/n) laughed which drew a glare from Cindy.

"I don't think a pigeon can lift a whole muffin" Peter spoke as he did the mental math in his head.

"Well I don't know what to tell you Pete, it happened" Cindy shrugged as she let out a sigh. "What about you?"

Everyone besides (y/n) and Peter quickly looked at Cindy like she was an idiot. "It just came out. Sue me"

"It's fine, guys" Peter shook his head and everyone looked back to him. "You don't have to tiptoe around it" he fiddled with his hands before replying to Cindy's question. "I'm doing my best. Trying to keep busy. I got a job as a photographer for The Daily Bugle"

"Uh, I can't stand them" Gwen frowned. "Unless they're talking about Silk they're always so negative"

"I like them" Cindy countered Gwen. "It's fun to listen to Jamesons podcast as long as you don't take it too seriously" she also liked how positive he was about Silk but she didn't mention that.

"Well a job is a job" Peter shrugged as he glanced between the two girls. "I just needed the distraction"

"Fair enough" (y/n) nodded as he took a sip of his chocolate milk. "You got a camera?"

"Yeah! It's super cool" Peter nodded as he took off his bag and opened it before showing the camera off.

"Used to belong to my mom" Harry explained as he noticed (y/n)'s eyes land on the woman's initials. "She gave it to Pete when he first got into photography back in middle school"

"That's adorable" Gwen smiled as she looked down at the camera. "Here, take a picture of me" she took a second to pose, looking off into the distance. The distance in this case being the kitchen where the staff were making another pizza.

"Oh- uh- okay" Peter quickly fumbled to take off the lens cap and turn on the camera.

(Y/n) took a second to gag over dramatically at the obvious feelings the two had for each other which in turn earned him a swift hit in the arm from Mary Jane. "Ow!" He quickly turned to look at her as Peter took a couple pictures.

"Oh shush. We both know you're into that" MJ whispered.

"Excuse me?" The two turned to see that Cindy had overheard what MJ said.

"I will not elaborate" MJ spoke teasingly as she looked back to Peter and Gwen.

Cindy now looked to (y/n). "I plead the fifth" was all he said in defense of himself.

—————————————————————

The return of Peter had lasting effects on the Stacy family that night. Even after they had left school Gwen's mood was higher than it had been in a week.

She was humming to herself as she put on her Pajamas when she heard a knock on the bedroom door. "One sec!" She finished dressing. "Alright I'm done!"

(Y/n) entered the room, also in his pajamas. and Gwen started humming again. "You're still humming?"

"Mhm" Gwen hummed as she turned on her phone and looked at the pictures that Peter had taken of her.

"Can you at least hum something better?" Although he spoke with the rudeness that came with being a sibling he was glad to see his sister this happy again.

Gwen stopped humming and put her phone away. "Stop being mean or I won't read to you"

(Y/n) frowned. "I get enough emasculation from MJ and Cindy, could you at least not speak to me like I am a child?"

"We are children" Gwen replied simply as she grabbed her book from her bedside table before sitting on her bed. "Now turn off the lights and get under the covers" she spoke as she turned on her book lamp. (Y/n) sighed but did as he was told.

Word count: 1046