13. When Danger Strikes!

Diamond's POV: I have been so sick. This pregnancy was kicking my ass. I'm about 3 month now. I was starting to get a little pudge. I tried my best to hide it because I didn't want people at work all in our business but no matter what I wore, my little belly poked out. Alot of people congratulated me, but there was some who wasn't so happy about it because they knew it was Roman's.

Roman was very sweet too me. He insisted on me staying at his house. I would stay there sometimes, then I would go home and be with Jasmine. She was my best friend, I needed her. I told my mama about the baby. She was so excited but she wanted to meet Roman of course. He said that we could go see her this weekend. I am terrified, this is my first pregnancy & there is so much going on around me. Roman tried to keep that part of his life separated from me but I wasn't blind or deaf. I saw & heard things that I didn't like. Sometimes I would sit in the room & cry. I loved Roman but I wish he would stop. This is not what I wanted. Me being pregnant by a drug dealer. I knew that I couldn't change him he would have to change on his own. I had to learn to accept it .

I was so worried. I was so afraid that one day he might get busted or worse he might get killed. Either way, it would hurt me so bad. I don't wanna raise my baby alone but I was prepared to do so If needed. I told my Roman my fears he assured me that none of that was going to happen and that he was being very careful. I had my own personal body guard, it felt so weird too me, but I knew he just wanted to protect us.

On the flip side, Roman was the best. He made sure I ate good all the time, he rubbed my feet, my back, and he would make sure that I was comfortable. We would be laying in bed and would talk to the baby. I thought it was so cute. Things were okay untill they wasn't.

One night, after we left work. I was in the car with Roman. We were on our way home, then all of a sudden a black truck sped beside us and started shooting at his car. I was screaming & crying.

Roman: baby duck down now!!

I kneeled down. Held my stomach and cried. Roman got out the car, shut the door, he ducked beside the car, every few seconds he would rise & shoot back. So did his security team. The truck finally sped off. I was so scared. He got back in the car and drove us home. I stayed kneeled down untill we made it to his house. He jumped out, ran over to my side, reached in he picked me up bridal style, and we went in the house. We didn't get hit because Roman's car was bulletproof. We were inside the house.

Roman: baby omg are you okay ? He hugged and kissed me

Me: am I okay? Am I okay? Some fuckin lunatics just shot at your car!! Hell nawl I'm not okay. I cried

Roman: I know baby I'm sorry. I really am

Me: Roman who were those people? Do you owe them money or something?

Roman: diamond it's best if you don't know.

I slapped him hard.

Me: what the fuck? It's best if I don't know? Roman someone just tried to kill us, not too mention I'm fuckin pregnant!! Are you serious? You know what I wanna go home, now!!

Roman: I can't let you do that baby, you have to stay here. It's the only way I know you're safe. Baby  please don't fight me on this.

Me: Roman I am not staying here with you, I can't even look at you right now!!

Roman: baby please!! You don't have to sleep in the room with me ,just please stay. I have to know you guys are safe.

Me: Roman what are you not telling me, am I in danger?

Roman : as long as you stay here, no. Jasmine is on her way, I have my security team bringing her here. You can't go back to that house right now.

Me: omg!!

Roman: I'm sorry!! He tried to hug me I pushed him away. I ran into the room and shut the door. I couldn't believe this. Roman came knocking at the door.

Roman: babe let me in please!!

Me: no leave me alone please go away!

Roman: diamond, don't do this!

Me: Roman leave me the fuck alone!

Roman: okay, whatever you want. He left. I sat there & cried myself too sleep.

Later on, I need another knock at the door.

Me: Roman go away!!

Jasmine: Diamond it's me open the door!

I ran to the door. I hugged her she hugged me . We both cried.

Jasmine: omg are you okay? How's the little bean?

We laughed.

Me: we're fine. Jasmine I have to tell you something, actually alot .

Jasmine: shh, Roman told me everything.

Me: everything?

Jasmine: everything. And I understand why you didn't tell me. I'm not mad okay. I just wanna make sure you're okay.

Me: no Jasmine someone tried to kill us. I'm horrified.

Jasmine: I understand, I would be scared as well. Diamond Roman is going to protect you, you knew about his lifestyle. You have his baby.

Me: Jasmine I don't even wanna see him . Where is he?

Jasmine: he's asleep. He broke down Infront of me. He's asleep now. I don't know what to say. You have to do what's best for you and little bean here. Just know I'm here for whatever you decide.

Me: he said we can't go back home. Where are you going to go?

Jasmine: I'm going to stay with Pierre for a while. I'll be okay.

We laughed.

Me: Jasmine I'm sorry. I love you.

Jasmine: girl it's okay. Just talk too your man. Try to work things out. I gotta go . Roman's team is taking me to Pierre. I'll call you later but if you need me first please call me.

We hugged. She left. I had too pee really badly. I went to the restroom. Roman was on the couch sleep. I tried to be quiet but I guess he heard me. He jumped & ran over too me. He hugged me I hugged back.

Roman: babe I'm sorry. I didn't mean to put you in danger.

Me: Roman who were those people? Why were they trying to kill you?

Roman: baby, I really can't tell you that. I don't want you worrying about that. My only priority is making sure that you and our baby is safe. Baby you have too stay here. You can't go back to your house right now. Jasmine is safe as well. Please baby.

Me: okay. But I'm scared Roman. Someone tried to kill us!! I cried

He hugged me tight.

Roman: baby I would never let that happen. I would let them kill me before they ever get to you or my baby!!

Me: no baby , don't say that. I can't loose you Roman I love you.

Roman: I love you too baby. You wanna take a shower with me?

Me: uh huh. Let's go!!

We laughed he picked me up and we got in the shower. We made love in there. It was so magical. Afterwards we got in bed and he held me, and rubbed my stomach.

Roman: baby what do you think we are having?

Me: I don't know love, maybe a boy a mini Roman.

He laughed.

Roman: baby I love you.

Me: I love you too

Roman: how about tomorrow we go see your mom?

Me: I thought, you said next week babe?

Roman: I know, but I think we could use a change of scenery and plus I wanna meet her.

I smiled

Me: okay let's go!

We kissed, made love again, & fell asleep.