36. Dangerous Company

Diamond's POV: I was now 5 months pregnant, we found out where were having another boy, I was going to name him Ryan Miguel Peters. Romeo was now 3 and Juliette was 1. I was very excited about having another boy, that means Juliette would have 2 protectors outside of me and her daddy. After our date on the water, I started to become happy. I guess it just took time for me to adapt. I was still working at the department store. I have to admit it was not my choice of work but I loved it! It gave me something to do during the day, while the kids were at daycare, and while Roman was at work.

Maria and I were still close friends. I absolutely love her and her kids. They are the sweetest. I really believe that God put her in my life. One day, Roman and I were talking. He told me that he wanted to have some coworkers over for dinner. I really wasn't in the mood for company but I went along with it. I just didn't trust these new people that he worked with. They all looked like they were up to no good.

Roman: babe, I promise it's going to be fine. They are nice people you will see.

Me: I don't know about these people Roman they give me bad vibes but if you're sure then fine. They can come over for dinner.

Roman: thanks babe.

He kissed me.

It was the night of the dinner. I sent our kids to Maria's because I don't trust everyone around my children. I wore a red sundress, with sandals and my hair curled all over. I had a very bad feeling about this night but I kept it too myself. Roman wore a red polo shirt with black pants, and he had his hair down. He looked so hot!!

Roman: baby you look so pretty. Are you okay?

Me: thanks. And yes I'm fine. Just ready to get this over with.

Roman: babe, it's going to be okay I promise.

The guests arrived. It was a married couple. Tommy & Lisa Canton. Lisa was a blonde, with a boob job and Tommy was a older guy, he looked very dangerous. We welcomed them into our home.

Roman: you guys, I would like you to meet my wife, Diamond Peters.

They looked at me and I looked back. We all shook hands. We went into kitchen at sat at the table. We were eating.

Lisa: Diamond, that's a rare, exotic name. Where did it come from?

I glared at her.

Me: umm, I would assume my mother. I never really asked her why she named me that, I've never had a problem with my name.

Roman looked at me and grabbed my hand. We smiled at each other.

Tommy: well, I like it. It's very fitting for such an beautiful face.

They smiled. I gave the most fakest grin ever. I glared at Roman.

Lisa: so Diamond what is your line of work?

No this bitch didn't.

Me: um, I work at a department store. I used to work at a advertising company back home.

Lisa: that Roman owned correct?

I glared at her.

Me: correct and then he made me part owner. I snapped at her.

She looked like she saw a ghost.

Tommy: it's nice to see a woman be worth more than sex. It's nice to see a woman in the work field and not laying around all day spending money.

He laughed, so did I. Roman stared at me so did Lisa. I liked this guy a little. Yeah he was a little creepy but his sense of humor was remarkable.

The dinner continued. It bored the hell out of me. Roman and Tommy mostly talked business. I noticed that everytime there was a joke or funny moment. Lisa would laugh and touch my husband's arm. He would move it away, but I was starting to get angry. I tried to compose myself. Tommy didn't say anything.

Me: would anyone like dessert?

Roman: I'm fine babe.

Lisa: no I'm trying to watch my figure. I smirked at her.

Tommy: sure do you have chocolate cake?

I stared at him, so did Roman.

Me: um yes, I'll get that for you.

Roman: I'll help you baby.

We went into the kitchen. I was furious!! Roman could tell. He hugged me.

Roman: babe what's wrong?

Me: that bitch has one more time to touch you inappropriately and I'm going too slap her.

He laughed.

Roman: baby I'm not worried about her. You're the only woman I'm worried about.

I smiled. He kissed me. We went back into the dinning area. Lisa stared at me. I gave Tommy his dessert.

Lisa: do you guys not have chefs or house keepers?

Me and Roman glared at her.

Tommy: Lisa that's enough!! Mind your business!!

Me: yes, we do but I don't wanna fully rely on them all of the time. Makes me kind of lazy and I don't like being lazy. Laying around doing nothing. Kind of makes my value go down.

Roman smiled at me so did Tommy. I stared at Lisa with a devilish look.

Lisa: I'm just saying, you're pregnant you should be resting.

Me: exactly I'm pregnant not disabled, entitled or lazy!

Lisa: how many kids do you and Roman have already?

Me: 2.

Lisa: wow, and you're pregnant with number 3 now. Fascinating.

I stared at her. So did Roman.

Me: can you even have children?

She looked at me.

Lisa: um, I don't know. I never wanted them.

Me: oh okay. Just wanted to know if you were able to physically carry a child.

Roman: okay let's change subjects please.

Tommy: yes please.

Lisa: why would I physically not be able to carry a child?

Me: I just thought that maybe all of the plastic surgeries that you've had might interfere with that.

Tommy laughed, Roman tried not too. She jumped up, I just looked at her.

Lisa: you're rude!!

Roman: hey watch how you talk to my wife!!

Lisa: Tommy are you going to let them speak to me this way?

Tommy: oh shut up!! You started it, poking your nose where it doesn't belong.

Lisa: you never stand up for me. I wish I had a husband like Roman.

I jumped up, so did Roman.

Tommy: you could never have a husband like him. You're a whore!! You see Diamond, she's a lady!! That's why he treats her the way that he does because she deserves respect.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Turns out I didn't have to check this home wrecker her husband did it for me.  I wanted to feel bad for her but I didn't because she kept on insulting me and I kept letting it slide. She would rather him check her than me, because if I had to it was going to get ugly.

Lisa: wow, so I guess you want me barefoot and pregnant like her too?

I tried to walk towards her.
Roman stopped me.

Roman: that enough!! Don't disrespect my wife like that!!

Me: excuse me Tommy, please get your wife and get the fuck out of my house!!

They started to leave.

Tommy: please forgive us. She is crazy.

They left. I looked at Roman I was so angry.

Roman: babe, I'm sorry.

Me: it's not your fault my love.

We kissed.