𝑶𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒀𝒐𝒖 ❁ᴏʙᴀɴᴀɪ❁

ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛs ᴛᴏ: keruimi

All my life, I never feel anything for myself other than hatred for the reasons that was not even my fault to begin with. So how come...

How can a princess love me?

A person loved by the whole Empire, falls in love with tainted blood like me. She was the epitome of beauty, elegance, and perfection. While I am a flawed person. A simple man, who came from a family whose luxury came from sins.

But I want her...

I want to keep her, I want to love her like she did but... The guilt would always stay with me.

She can't end up with a man like me. Someone who can't even have the will to love themselves. How can she make sure I can give the same feelings she held for me?

Our worlds are too different. Our social standings are too far away. I am not worth it. This love is not worth it.

Then what is she fighting for? What is she trying to reason?

There are too many obstacles before we reach our happy ending. I don't want to be the reason for her ruined character.

She was perfect, while I have a lot of imperfections.

She was pure, I was tainted with the crimes of the blood flowing within me.

"Obanai-"

"Your Highness" I cut her off as I didn't bother looking at her but there is no denying the discomfort and disbelief that is etched on my expression.

Why is loving feels like a dream but at the same time, a nightmare.

"I can't..." I finally had the will to mutter the words I hesitated to speak out.

"Hear me out" I heard her gentle voice as she took a hold of my arm.

"Why can't you understand?" I whispered, struggling to keep my emotions in control.

"We can't be together" I continued my words as I clenched my eyes shut and fisted my hand.

I am not deserving of anyone's love.

That's why I chose my duty above everything. Love was never my priority.

Seeking the emotion I never felt before was never my dream.

"Your Highness-" I felt my next words got stuck in my throat when I saw the woman respected by many...

Kneel in front of me, she tightly clutch the hem of my haori as she look down at the grass below us.

"Can you at least give me even an ounce of love?"

Without a second thought, I kneel in front of her as she took a hold of both my arms as she seems that she badly wants to cry.

"Please, at least give it a chance" she begged as I took a deep breath to compose myself before shaking my head.

"I really can't, your Highness. Please, don't give your heart to someone it shouldn't belong to" I told her as she punched my chest in anger but I didn't feel any pain at all as her sobs slowly broke out from her lips.

"Who do you think you are to tell me it shouldn't belong to you?"

"My heart seeks for you and only you"

I felt my eyes soften on her words as the tears I desperately tried to keep from my eyes, finally overflowed.

"I would keep choosing you no matter how many times you push my away. It would only be you"

I tightly clench my eyes until I can't hold myself back and took her in my arms as she muffled her sobs on my chest.

I can't...

I don't want to push her away...

"I am willing to risk everything"

Just for me