𝑴𝒐𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 (1) ❁ᴛᴀɴᴊɪʀᴏ❁

ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛs ᴛᴏ: wisteriaw0rld

Tanjiro was able to tell you had gotten up and left the room. Your sweet scent slowly leaving as your soft footsteps against the wooden floor were receding.

The moment the shoji door could be heard closing, the boy stood up, getting off the futon laid out for him. Inosuke and Zenitsu were still sleeping, not even realizing you had left.

It took a while to shake himself awake, but once he finally did, he walked over to the door and slid it open. Tanjiro slipped on his shoes before exiting out to the engawa and closing the door. He didn't exactly understand why you had wandered off in the middle of the night.

You were a demon slayer, you knew about how dangerous it was to wander off alone at night.

Tanjiro walked across the path of the engawa, sleepiness written all over his over face along with slight confusion.

If not for the gentle sound of humming filling his ears, he would've walked right past you, not even able to tell you were there due to the darkness of the night.

The soft hums made him stop yet made him feel even more tired than before. Tanjiros head slowly moved to where the hums were heard. He couldn't see much due to his slightly blurry vision, all he could make out was a figure. His eyes squinted before he rubbed them, ignoring his exhaustion that attempted to consume him.

That same figure he saw gently swaying and humming under the moonlight had turned out to be you. Without delay, Tanjiro turned his whole body in your direction, finding himself entranced by you.

After some time, Tanjiro found himself moving to sit down. His legs dangled off the engawa as he watched you with a gentle smile on his face.

Tanjiro watched you for quite some time before closing his eyes, intaking the smell of the flowers planted across the grass field im front of him. The moment he opened his eyes, he saw you weren't there. Only the flowers and the trees could be seen now.

Tanjiro felt himself tense up as his heart dropped. He didn't have his katana with him but he got ready to stand up and find you.

Suddenly he felt a gentle hand on his shoulder, making him whip his head in that direction. The moment he saw you, his tensed muscles relaxed as the kind smile appeared on his face again.

You smiled back before grabbing Tanjiros hand to pull him up. You watched as the boys eyes widened as you dragged him off to where you had been previously standing.

Tanjiro seemed nervous and you could tell by the way he had cautiously followed your steps as you continued dancing and whirling gracefully.

"Have you ever danced before?" You asked Tanjiro with a small smile, laughing at the way he had tripped over himself yet didn't fall. His face burned a bright red soon after.

Both of your hands reached out, grabbing Tanjiro as you tried your best to help him learn. It didn't take long until he figured out how to do it. But with the way you looked under the bright stars was enough to distract him.