𝑺𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔 (1) ❁ᴛᴀɴᴊɪʀᴏ❁

ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛs ᴛᴏ: wisteriaw0rld

♡Tanjiro was always curious as to why you never took off your mask. He simply assumed it was important to you and left it that.

♡he never wanted to pester you into taking your mask off. So being the kind person he is, he didn’t.

♡in fact, he often defended you when others asked you to take off your mask, or tried to take it off themselves.

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀ ˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀ ˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀ ˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀ ˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ ❀ ˚

Tanjiro sat next to you on the wooden engawa of the butterfly mansion. Since the two of you had gotten injured on a mission together, you were once again forced to undergo shinobu’s painful training.

The garden of the butterfly mansion was nice and peaceful. It was quiet for once considering 

Zenitsu and Inosuke had been inside the estate. The only thing being heard was Tanjiro’s soft and continuous chattering.

You listened intently to him until your eyes and mind drifted off to the plate holding onigiri. 

You were starving, since you had skipped breakfast. And you had been with Tanjiro long enough to be comfortable with taking your mask off. Your hands reached up to your face, carefully taking your mask off and setting it to the side.

Tanjiro moved his head in your direction, only taking the smallest glimpse of you before turning pink and looking away, thinking you didn’t want him looking at you.

It didn’t take long until you noticed Tanjiro awkwardly looking the other way, as if waiting for you to put your mask back on.

“Tanjiro, you could look, it’s okay.” You laughed gently, grabbing the boys attention. The boy, without a second thought, looked over at you. 

His heart fluttered the moment you looked at him. The small pieces of rice around your mouth and your wide smile made his cheeks turn pink. He watched as your eyes opened from the closed eyes smile. 

He immediately noticed your soulless eyes. Despite the happy expression you gave mere seconds ago, your eyes held no happiness.

Tanjiro stayed quiet, making you tilt your head in confusion. “Y/n? Are you … okay?” He ask worriedly while reaching a hand out and cupping your cheek gently.