𝑴𝒐𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 (2) ❁ᴋʏᴏᴊᴜʀᴏ❁

ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛs ᴛᴏ: wisteriaw0rld

Going on missions with the flame pillar was something you got used to. With the compatibility of your breathing styles, Oyakata often assigned you two missions together when rumors of the twelve kizuki were spread.

Currently you were on a mission with the flame hashira. You had been laying on your futon, turning endlessly and you couldn’t get a rest at all. A lady had been kind enough to let you two stay at her residence after you saved her from the demon causing havoc in the town.

Yet even after defeating the demon you still couldn’t get sleep. Your body turned over to the side as your eyes glanced at Rengoku who was sleeping peacefully with the smallest smile on his face.

A slight sigh left your lips as you sat up, pushing yourself off the futon. You slipped on your shoes, sliding open the shoji door to head outside.

Next thing you knew, you found yourself humming to yourself while swaying yourself around, hoping to eventually tire yourself out.

Only a few minutes after you had gotten up, Kyojuro awoke as well. His eyes traveled over to where your futon was, only to see you missing. His eyes widened in the slightest as he jumped up, quickly grabbing his katana before running outside.

Despite being tired, he found himself running off to find you. Suddenly melodic humming filled his ears, making him pause his actions. It wasn’t the first time he heard you humming to yourself. You often did it on missions. So he immediately knew it was you.

Rengoku found himself moving in the direction of your voice. After turning a certain corner, he saw you. His heart rate slowed down as he stood there, watching you dance swiftly under the moon. 

The shining night sky had easily complimented your beauty. But in his eyes, with or without a perfect scenery, you were absolutely beautiful.

With the way you had moved to gently, he couldn’t get his eyes off of you. Suddenly, you had disappeared. Since you were a hashira, he was used to the way you had moved so quickly. But it had seemed like you had just vanished.

Suddenly, he felt two hands grab his own. And before he knew it he was with you in the same small field he had watched you dance in. A large smile plastered itself onto his face, making you smile as well.

Your humming continued and Rengoku eventually took the lead. However it didn’t take long until you fell asleep, Rengoku carrying you off back inside.