𝑻𝒔𝒖𝒈𝒖𝒌𝒐 𝑷𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 ❁ɢɪʏᴜ❁

ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛs ᴛᴏ: tempura-rolls

The Water Hashira can be described as a reserved and quiet man. He restricts himself from any sort of unnecessary conversation, and only interacts with others if needed to. Usually a Hashira has a choice of whether or not they want to take on a Tsuguko, but the Demon Slayer Corps recognizes the war that is about to unfold against the demons. In response, drastic measures must be taken. Including the new suggestion that every Hashira must select and take on a Tsuguko in case said Hashira is killed or cannot perform their duties.

When Giyu heard of this, he did not hesitate to keep himself locked away in his residence, turning down every application that came his way for the position. The Master of the Mansion is a person he obeys regardless, but he couldn’t find himself to perform this action. He did not like to be disturbed by anyone, and training a Demon Slayer directly under him would involve too many emotions. Being around someone for too long would result in a person developing a care for the other. That was something he avoided at all costs.

Giyu was meditating in his home one afternoon when he heard a knock coming from the front door, ignoring it. He had no desire to speak to the person who was attempting to see him.

The one knocking at his mansion door was you, one of the Tsuguko applicants hand selected by Ubuyashiki for your skills and potential. Because of your quiet nature and reserved personality, he thought it would be best and less stressful for both you and Giyu if you were to become his Tsuguko. So here you were, contemplating with shaky hands of whether or not you should knock again.

You didn’t want to scream for him, but you were unsure if a strong knock would be heard throughout the massive residence.

You waited five minutes. Five, before you knocked again in fear you were disturbing. No answer.

When you were summoned by Ubuyashiki a few days earlier, he had informed you about Giyu’s demeanor. He knew that you needed persistent in trying to communicate with the Water Hashira. If you failed to do so, Giyu would ignore you without a second thought. This realization prompted you to knock again. When there was no answer, you decided to call out to him.

“Mr. Tomioka!” You hesitantly shouted. “I’m sorry for bothering you but I need to speak to you!”

There was no answer, and you clutched the bag you were holding tightly in your hands.

“Mr. Tomioka!” You received no answer once again.

You sighed, knowing that this won’t get you anywhere. You groaned in discomfort as your mind began to wonder whether or not Tomioka was just ignoring you, or if something was wrong. You contemplated whether it would be best to just go inside, yet you feared he would get angry at you for walking into his residence without permission. What if he just wasn’t home? What if it would be best to just wait? What if he was doing something like taking a bath and couldn’t get to the door?

In the next 30 seconds, you had decided to take the risk. You walked into the courtyard of his residence until you found an open door. You moved carefully towards the door, keeping your steps silent as you proceeded to peak your head inside. There you found the Water Hashira in a meditation form. He sensed your presence, and his eyes shot open in shock once he had spotted you.

You whipped your head back in immediate shock and embarrassment, not expecting to find him right there and staring at you. You swallowed the fear in your throat and peaked again inside. This time he had a blank and slightly annoyed expression.

“I’m sorry.” You said as you stepped into the room, your hands linking in front of you. “I was sent by the Master. I brought these as an apology for the intrusion.” You held up the bag you were holding in your hands, gesturing to it.