Chapter 59 - G Side #8 - The Second Six-Eyes and Twenty Minutes (NSFW)

When I was around three or four, when I'd had the “switch on” moment, I already knew I was different. The things I could see were well above that of a normal person. Not just the cursed spirits, but the ebb and flow of cursed and non cursed energy alike. There are no words that can properly describe what I can see, no way for a regular human to fathom it. When exposed to infinite void, a regular human would be rendered brain dead. Hell, when I used the two-tenths of a second void in Shibuya, that rendered everyone there catatonic for two months.

The Gojo domain only works with the six-eyes because it assaults my opponent with my own perception. It feels like everything at once, all sights, sounds, feelings, everything. It's overwhelming and somehow beautiful in a way. I could hear something as subtle as a beetle in the grass miles away and see the moisture in the air. Cursed energy was particularly interesting to watch, from each person to person it had certain qualities that I felt fit their personalities.

That's probably why Ryousei and Kaisei were just as interested in Sarah as I was. They could definitely see it. I'd see their eyes tracing the patterns of strange backwards flowing energy that clung to her like a thin spider's web. When people say they can see auras, I assume they must mean cursed energy because most people's cursed energy has a color as well. But hers? It was like a deep shining black with flecks of rainbows hidden, like glitter buried in black tar. Like an Impossible cosmos that you couldn't possibly describe with words.

The boys sat on the floor with me, watching their mom as she hummed with her headphones in. She bounced a little to the music while she dusted off the TV stand, her hair swaying in a cute high ponytail. I watched her too, of course, but I think maybe my eyes searched the more interesting areas of her body.

“Ah-ma.” Ryou said to me then turned and  looked at Sarah.

I nodded, “Yeah, I think she's cute too, bud.”

She glanced over at me with a little smile and I winked back. Kai meanwhile reached up to take my sunglasses, dropping them down onto the floor. His little eyes watched me carefully, the right one glowing brightly. I smiled at him, focusing my own energy to do the same. It was an interesting thing. I could tell he was experiencing the same thing I was, but I wondered how intense it was with only one. Kaisei was much more prone to using his for observing things closely and calmly. Ryousei on the other hand…

“Ryou, no.” I gently took my sunglasses from him as he chewed on the lens, “Not daddy's sunglasses, please.”

His left eye flared and his face scrunched up. He was mad. Luckily six month olds can't remember what they can't see sometimes. I handed him one of those soft water-filled teething rings and he got lost in staring at that. Easy.

It was a pretty nice day to take off from work. It was a weekend already, so no classes to teach and with Suguru around I had so much more time than I did before he'd come back. We'd split the difficult missions between us, sort of like how firemen do the two weeks on and then off thing. Honestly, I didn't know how I was doing it all by myself before. Having time to relax was amazing and I couldn't believe that I was managing it before. I guess I really just wasn't at all and just powering through it anyway. What a shit way to live.

“You want a snack?” Sarah asked, leaning over the couch to look at me, “I kinda want some of those baked jalapeno chips.”

“Sure, that'd be cool.” I said, sitting up against the couch, “I'll come dig around for something.”

“We still have that kettle corn if you want that?” She said as she walked into the kitchen ahead of me, “Or I can cut up some strawberries for you and the boys?”