Chapter 8: 'Pretty Girl'

[Seventeen - MARINA]

༺ 𓆙 ༻
Wed. 8th September 1993 - 1:11am...

"Jane."

A turn my attention over my shoulder, whoever that man was, he was gone and nowhere to be seen down the hallway.

I glanced up, my hands clawing at the person's clothes.

I came face-to-face with a set of pretty icy-grey eyes, and immediately relaxed my body.

I had unknowingly ran back towards the Astronomy tower wing, and into Draco and Theodore.

"She's shaking." Theodore points out, "What happened-?"

"What happened, Jane?" Draco interrupts him, gently prying my body off his.

I open my mouth to speak, taking a sharp inhale to calm my nerves.

"Students! Students!" Professor McGongall's voice called, "Why is one of you yelling? Is the yelling really necessary? Why are you the three of you out of bed?"

Behind her, Professors Dumbledore, Snape, and Lupin.

"Yes, I would like an explanation as to why Peeves is frantically screaming about an intruder down every possible hallway," Snape said sternly.

"I believe, possibly an intruder has been spotted in the castle then, Severus." Lupin spoke with a smug smile.

"I seen-" My voice caught in my throat, and I steady myself beside Draco. "I seen a man. He was wearing black and grey, he was yelling at me - Looking for my brother. He was looking for Harry. He wants to know exactly where he is in the castle..." I paused, "I think he took my wand too."

The four Professor's share a concerned and knowing expression.

"Come, we will discuss this in my office." Dumbledore gave us a warm smile, guiding us up to his office.

As we made our way towards his office, Lupin slipped away and jogged down the hallway I came from moments ago.

༺ 𓆙 ༻

"-And you're certain he demanded to know Mr. Potter's whereabouts?"

I sat in a soft chair, the three Professor's towering over me in their interrogation. I nod, glancing over to Draco and Theodore who stood watching from the door. "Yes."

"This seems like a-"

"Severus, please. The poor girl is shaken up." Dumbledore raised his hand to stop Snape mid-sentence, "You said he tossed your wand away?"

I nod again.

"Would you have the idea to believe he took it for himself?"

"Possibly - Professors, I've already told you what happened five times!" I said, with a frown. "He grabbed me in the hallway, and started demanding answers from me. I ran, and I didn't look back for my wand, and that's whenever I bumped into Draco and Theodore."

"Yes... but you see, why were you strutting around in the corridors late at night to begin with?" Snape's eyebrow lifts in curiosity.