Chapter 20: Permission Denied

[Duvet - bôa]

༺ 𓆙 ༻
Sun. 10th October 1993 - 10:56am...

Due to the events in Hagrid's first class, Draco's father, Lucius threatened his position as a new Professor and he was soon taken to the Ministry to plead his case against Buckbeak's innocence.

I thought the reaction was a bit absurd on Draco's part - Which had only lead to an argument between us.

"The bloody chicken could of broken my back!"

"You're fucking lucky that's the only thing it was bloody aiming for! But you had no need to disrespect the poor creature like that, Draco!"

"Oh, please - It's not that special! That daft bird had it coming!"

༺ 𓆙 ༻

Today, he ignored me, choosing Pansy as his main source of company. I still waited for a proper apology from her, although I highly doubt with her pride she'd even want to begin that conversation with me.

Sitting down for breakfast, Neville appeared next to me. "Hello," He beams.

"Morning, Neville." I say, my eyes never leaving my toast and eggs.

He invited himself down next to me, staring at me sweetly.

However misinterpreted these so-called rumours were of me and Neville, they were right to some extent.

༺ 𓆙 ༻

Last year, Neville went through extensive periods of bullying - To the point were I'd find him huddling plants and beasts from our classes in the Herbology Greenhouse, by himself.

Handling emotional difficult situations isn't in my strongest attributes. So I did what I thought was best - I kissed him.

Luckily, he knew my intentions drove solemnly from trying to cheer him up (which he was most grateful for.)

We decided staying just friends to be the best option for us.

Giving him the kiss, also gave him leeway to brag about it until his bullying calmed down.

Unfortunately, it has seemed to have backlashed onto me this year.

༺ 𓆙 ༻

"Malfoy's decision to ignore you is just him being foolish," Neville said. "Don't let it get to your head, because you overthink too much about things."

Cracking a small smile, I face him. "Is that so?"

"Yeah, Harry's told us how bad your anxiety can get... Besides, Malfoy's just another teenaged boy." His words brought me comfort, and he was correct.

Draco Malfoy was just another teenaged boy.

He rubbed his hands together, palms sweaty. "Me and Dean were planning on taking a trip to Hogsmeade today. Would you like to join us?"

"I'd like that. Let me go and grab my bag first," I take my time finishing up my breakfast, before I stand.

༺ 𓆙 ༻
11:16am...