Chapter 24: Candlelight Whines

[Training Wheels - Melanie Martinez]

༺ 𓆙 ༻
Wed. 13th October 1993 - 4:57pm...

Warm embers within the cold embrace of the marble fireplace, lit up Draco's dormitory - Crackling quietly.

I lay with him on his bed, the book he had stolen finally in my hands again. I turn, resting my chin on his chest. My legs kicking about in the air behind me.

He, too, preoccupied by a book - For Potions. He always studies potion recipes days before we were due to brew them. That's why, and how, he remained top of our class.

I didn't have any full interest in Potions.

However, him and our friends are convinced Professor Snape has developed an unusual soft spot for me.

I'm still unsure if I should feel creeped out, or flattered by this conclusion.

Probably both?

I wrap an arm under him: and he adjusts himself accordingly, mumbling to me, "You'll hurt your spine lying like that."

I shrug, closing my book. I sit back on my ankles, and discard my book onto the mattress next to us.

He flickers his eyes over to me for a moment, then returned them to his book. He finished reading the paragraph he found himself on, and tossed his book onto the floor.

"The poor book - I surely hope you didn't give mine the same treatment," I comment.

He chuckles, his hands resting on his chest. "It's a dead tree. I doubt they feel pain-"

I gasp, clutching to my book dramatically. "They offer support for the imagination. And besides, it hurts me."

"Yeah..." A smirk appeared on his face, "It definitely supports the imagination." He mutters.

I lean forward, one hand pressed next to his head, the other outstretched to place my book on his bedside table.

Immediately, Draco's hands shot up, holding my waist. "Oh yeah, just stay right there-"

I glance down, my necklace dangling in front of his face. His eyes locked onto my freckled skin behind it, the small gap of my cleavage between my top and cardigan.

I shift back, and his hands tighten against me, pulling me back up.

Ever since Madam Pomfrey finished successfully healing Draco's broken arm earlier this morning, he's been finding it awfully hard to keep his hands to himself.

"Draco-" Before I could continue, he rolls us over, dragging me half way down his mattress to tower over me.

He brushed my necklace out of his way, kissing my chest gently. His lips creating constellations with my freckles, like previously.

Reaching for his wand next to my head, he locked the door swiftly, letting it roll onto the ground next to his Potions book after he cast the spell.

He tangled his fingers between my red ringlets, tilting my head up towards the ceiling.

My eyes fall closed, as his lips pressed down my neck.