Chapter 59: Snow Crystals & Jewel Diamonds (pt.2)

[Do the Hippogriff - Jason Buckle]

𓆙
Sat. 24th December 1994 - 8:21pm...

Finally after many dances Draco insisted we took together, he lead me off the dance floor. Hand in hand.

He nods towards Blaise who stood in the far corner, drinking fire whiskey. "I'll go get us some drinks, and chat with Blaise. Is that fine?"

"It's alright," I say, "I can go and find my brother while you talk with him."

He placed a short kiss to my cheek, and let my hand go, crossing the room to stand next to him.

Glancing back at the crowd, a famous wizard band began to set up: causing an uproar of excitement from everyone else.

I kick my heels off, and pick them up, sitting down a few tables away from the drinks.

Taking my time to admire the Great Hall, decorations lined the walls; hanging icicles, fake and real snowflakes falling upon the dance floor, mistletoe growing above the heads of awkward couples conversing. Blue toned crystals illuminating light - Casting shadows and bouncing colours around the large room.

Everything about the design of the room radiates the joyful Christmas spirit.

Sitting next to me, I turn to see Luna. "Hello, I have been enjoying myself this evening. I hope you have been too. Your smile is brighter than ever." She comments.

"Yes, I have been."

"It's quite wonderful how they've charmed the room. Making the illusion of the snow falling," She mutters, gesturing above us to the ceiling. Her head tilts up to inspect it.

"Yes, it is beautiful." I say, my attention trailing over to Harry and Ron slumped down on some chairs, their poor dates sulking on either side of them.

"Luna?"

"Hm?" She turned her head, her eyes following my gaze over towards my brother.

"Have you seen my brother on the dance floor yet, besides from the first dance with the other champions?"

"No, I don't believe I have. He looks quite sad... I wonder if there's anything on his mind?" She wondered.

Emerging from the rowdy crowd, Hermione had both Kage and Krum laughing with her.

Krum politely nods to them both, shaking Kage's hand, before he left with his Hufflepuff girl.

Wandering over to the drinks table, Kage immediately joined the conversation with Draco and Blaise.

I tug my heels on, walking across the room to Harry - Unfortunately, Hermione made it before me.

"-No, we would not like to join you and Quinn." Was what I managed to gather from the end of Ron's sentence.

He groaned, crossing his arms.

Hermione takes a sharp inhale, bumping into me as I approached them. "Jane, excuse me." She sighs, manoeuvring past me to follow Kage to the drinks table.

"Why are you two being such martyrs?" I keep my eyes on Hermione for a moment. When Ron spoke, I place my hands on my hips.

"Yeah, well you look like you're having a swell time with Malfoy," He snapped. "Why don't you run along and leave me and Harry alone?"

I scoff, rolling my eyes. "Yes, I am having a great time with my boyfriend. Thank you so much for noticing, Ron."

"No problem," He stood, towering over me. "I hope you know he's just using you. And you're far too blind to see it."

I point to Ron. "Has he been drinking?" I asked my brother.

He nods subtly, scratching the back of his neck. "Yeah." He whispers, barely audible.

"That explains his sudden... childish behaviour. Take him to bed, Harry. No one wants to see this disaster unfold." I purse my lips out, "Ladies, please save yourselves from this nightmare. You could of left them hours ago."

The Patil twins stand.
"Thank you, Jane."
"Have a lovely evening."
They whisper to me, dashing off to find Lavender and Susan.

I smile at them. Clicking my tongue, I continue, "Leave with him, Harry. I mean it. I don't want Ron running his mouth wherever it's not needed."

Harry took his arm, and immediately Ron tugged it away. "No. Your sister doesn't get to talk to me like that." His words began to slur, "I can talk to whoever I want, whenever I want to. I don't need your... shit."

Ron stumbles, sluggishly walking over to the punch bowls.

I wave my arms, watching my brother shrug. "Seriously, Harry? You let him get this bad? What's it about this time?"

"Hermione."

My eyebrow lifts.

"...and Quinn."

"He needs to get over himself, that's what he needs to do." I scoffed, crossing my arms.

"I won't disagree with you-"

A clatter of glass and liquid splashing across the floor, had the music pausing. Everyone, including us, spun to see Ron swinging his fists at Draco.

"Ronald!" Hermione jumped back, avoiding the broken glass by her feet.

Draco dodged all of his attempts, grabbing the next swing between his fingers. He twists Ron's arm and he dropped to his knees. "You've got an audience now, Weasley."

He released his hand, he took many steps back. "Don't worry, no one's dead... yet." He muttered the last part underneath his breath.

Soon the hall continued with the lively atmosphere, ignore the state of Ron as he grabbed onto the table to lift himself off the floor. (Although in a far corner, I noticed Professor Lupin did keep an eye on the situation.)

"Fuck you, Malfoy!" He shouted, stumbling over to the exit. "And, Quinn, you should watch your back."

"Why? Am I growing wings or something?" Kage glanced behind him, smirking at Blaise, who chuckled quietly.

I nudge my brother's shoulder, and he scattered after Ron.

"Unbelievable." Draco stepped away from the broken bowls, shaking alcohol off his stained trouser. "A thousand gallons worth of dress trousers down the drain. These are designer."

He chugged his drink, and brings mine over. "Here. Drink this, and we're leaving. I want to go before anyone else notices people's absences."

𓆙