Chapter 22: Season's First Match

[Bad Girls - M.I.A]

༺ 𓆙 ༻
Tue. 12th October 1993 - 2:18pm...

Almost a whole two weeks had past since Draco offered me the single rose. Not to mention days since he had last spoken to me too.

His reaction to his broken arm was uncalled for, and childish. I would be lying to myself, and my friends if I said I wasn't upset or disappointed in him.

Because, I was disappointed.

I am disappointed.

Luckily, at Hagrid's hearing with the Ministry, Creature and Beast's enthusiast (and writer of the our C.O.M.C text book,) Newt Scamander delivered a speech to successfully defend Buckbeak from prosecution or any further endangerment.

The exception, which I heard from Harry, was Scamander had to safely transport the hippogriff over London, England (via his briefcase.)

Hence forth, Buckbeak was now forbidden to step foot onto the grounds of Hogwarts.

Hagrid didn't argue, happily acknowledging the agreement as long as Buckbeak remained safe and well with Scamander.

༺ 𓆙 ༻

Brooms, and bludgers zoomed past me. The crowd screamed and cheered, each voice louder than the last.

"Go, go, Gryffindor! Go, go, Gryffindor!!" Hollered across the pitch.

Flags waved, and banners captured the attention of the wind quite harshly.

Lee Jordon and Professor McGonagall overviewed the game - But as per-usual, Lee hogged the microphone from her, roaring complaints, insults and compliments through the speakers.

«Staring the match off dangerously!! Slytherin's fancy number two, Quinn takes a firm hit of the first bludger towards Gryffindor's lucky number seven, Potter!» Lee cheers.

I grasp onto my earmuffs tightly, the rain lashing down from the sky heavily.

«Oh! And he missed his mark! Potter successfully dodges the ruthless attack!»

My gaze tracking the green number 07 of the Slytherin team, and red number 07 of the Gryffindor team intensively.

Regardless of Draco's broken arm, he wasn't going to allow the Hufflepuffs to take the first game against Gryffindor.

Typical Draco Malfoy behaviour if you ask me.

«Slytherin's hot number seven, Malfoy has spotted the snitch!!»

Harry and Draco bumped and clashed together, yelling at one another for whomever deserved to catch the snitch more.

"Win, win, Slytherin! Win, win, Slytherin!" My house chants.

I bring my fingers up to my lips, whistling as Draco and Harry soar past me.

Deflecting a bludger aimed in Draco's direction, Kage hits it swiftly.

«Nice technique and teamwork from Quinn, remarkable performance and deflections!!»

It flies through the pitch, knocking one of the Weasley twins off his broom.

«We have our first fatal injury of the match! One of the Weasley twins took a horrible bludger to the chest!»

I couldn't make out who, due to the foggy weather conditions in the rain. Neither could anyone else.

Daphne howlers beside me, screaming towards Kage in encouragement. "That's it, Quinn!! Kick those Gryffindor arses!"

Behind the Seekers and Beaters actions, the Chasers had successfully scored 50-50 for each team.

«Gryffindor's Bell and Johnson have the- Oh! Zabini tackled them for it! Zabini has the Quaffle!»

Flying elbow to elbow, Angelina and Blaise wrestle over the Quaffle. She grasped at his Quidditch robe and dragged him backwards.

My house cries out in mortification, as Blaise slips from his broom, hitting his back off the field with a loud wail.

Lee and McGonagall blow their whistles down the microphone.

«Johnson has just committed a foul against Zabini! I repeat, Johnson has committed a foul!»

Every Gryffindor called out to her in dismay. Booing and yelling at her rule breaking.

Everyone in the match paused their actions immediately, and Blaise weakly pushed himself off the ground.

He gestured dramatically to the ground, his frustrated voice muffled by the wind and rain.

He dusts himself off, watching Angelina fly down to him with his broom.

«Slytherin now gets to perform two free shots into their goal!»

Blaise hopped back onto his broom, snatching the Quaffle from her. He approached the goal and tossed the ball through it twice.

Our points sign dinged twice: 70-50.

Lee blew his whistle, and the whole match resumed instantly.

«And the match has started again! Potter and Malfoy are the last two to move, they look like sitting ducks now after loosing sight of the Snitch!»

The Snitch wizzed past the Slytherin stand, and we screamed for Draco.

He spots it, leaving Harry to catch up to him. They both fly up, too far for even our binoculars to spot them.

I blink raindrops from my eyelashes, peering through my binoculars.

"Can you see where they are?" Daphne asked me, using her hands to shield her eyes.

"No, I can't. There's far too much clouded rain in the way!" I replied.

I didn't bother paying too much of my attention to the rest of the match, keeping my eyes on the sky. I did see some progression in the match every so often.

«As the weather becomes more intense, our players should be prepared for disaster! Oh! What a shame! Bell is struck!»

Lightening struck, knocking Katie off her broomstick.

Blaise scored thirty more goal points: 100-50.

«Zabini is on a roll with his shooting techniques this season!! Hopefully he's just as good with his hands outside of these matches!»

That's when I seen it.

Harry's body tumbling down from the clouds, Draco frantically chasing after him, the Snitch clutched between his teeth. His good hand outstretched to grab his ankle.

«Slytherin's hot number seven, Malfoy, has caught the Snitch! And caught Potter from certain doom!!»

༺ 𓆙 ༻