Chapter 21: Needs & Requirements

[Dernière Danse - Indila]

༺ 𓆙 ༻
Sun. 10th October 1993 - 11:46am...

Upon reentering the castle, footsteps stumbling behind me caught my attention. I look over my shoulder to see Ron jogging towards me.

I halt in the hallway, waiting for him to catch up. "Are you not going to head to Hogsmeade with our friends?"

"It's a bit unfair for you," He told me.

I resume my walk to the Central Hall with him at my side, "Really? Is that the only reason?"

He grumbled, "No. Quinn is smothering up to Hermione."

I smirk, "Hm. I see."

"He just can't keep his smug mouth closed! Or, his wallet closed. He bought her a bouquet of books! Bloody books, can you believe that?"

"I can, in fact. He's quite nice."

Ron frowned, "He's a pain in the hole."

Ah, he's jealous.

"And to add to that, I'm convinced Crookshanks has ate Scabbers! I can't find the poor fella anywhere! Mum's gonna kill me!!"

I decided to change the subject, "Where did Lupin say he was taking my brother?"

"His office."

"-Up here, he's up here-" Lupin's voice came in a hushed whisper nearby.

We pause, spotting Lupin ushering Harry up the stairs, towards the Astronomy Wing.

I glance at Ron, who shared the same expression as me. I raise an eyebrow, quickly dashing after them.

Ron not too far behind me.

༺ 𓆙 ༻

We keep our steps quiet, creeping around the corner.

Lupin and Harry stood in front of a blank wall next to the Barnabas The Barmy tapestry.

"-Do not fear him, he's just a pathetic scared man, Harry." Lupin told him, setting a hand on his shoulder. "Don't allow his words to get to you."

The strange yellowing parchment Harry had showed me previously, was now in Lupin's hand.

I scrunched up my nose, watching a door form from the blank stone wall.

Lupin pushed the door open, and the both of them entered.

The door closed, and I bolt towards it, opening the door to a broom closet. I scoff, "Seriously?"

"What the bloody hell? Where did they go?" Ron peered over me.

"I don't know, it's some type of charmed room?" I close the door, swinging it open again, and again. I take a step back, placing my hands on my hips.

"Let's wait for them," He said, sitting on the floor with his legs outstretched across the floor.

I sink down the wall, crossing my ankles over each other. "Did you see the map?"