Chapter 14: The Grounds Keeper

[Soldier, Poet, King - The Oh Hellos]

༺ 𓆙 ༻
Fri. 1st October 1993 - 3:59pm...

The winding cobblestone streets lead by glistening firefly lights, guided me down to the small, homey village of Hogsmeade.

Since the incident with Sirius Black, and the constant denial from the Professors, they instructed me to take my initiative on the situation of buying myself a new wand.

Because apparently the wand I received in first year mysteriously disappeared - And was indeed not stolen by the madman currently hunting me and Harry down.

Naturally, I took Draco with me to wander through the autumn leaves, towards the tiny version of Ollivanders in the town.

He kicked a large rock most of the way up the road, with both of his hands in his pockets. Occasionally his arm brushed against mine as we walked.

"What nonsense did the Professors tell you this time?" He asked me.

"The usual shit," I sigh, clutching onto my bag tightly. "They still don't want to admit I'm right about Black roaming around the castle. Dumbledore's now under the impression I've been hallucinating."

"That's fucking pathetic."

"Yes, it is." I grind my teeth together, dropping my hands to my side.

My attention fell to the ground as we continued our walk.

Draco grabbed my wrist, and we stopped on the stone bridge not far from the village. He tugged me closer to him, "Tell me."

"What?"

"Stop that."

"Stop what?"

"That." He lifts his finger to point at me, "That questioning thing you do. You act as though you should be pretending to be stupid all the time. Stop it. You know exactly what I'm asking."

He paused, releasing my wrist. "What did Parkinson say to you after I left your dormitory?"

"She called me a filthy half-blood," I watch his mouth flatten, and he nods in understanding.

"And?"

"And that I'd have plenty of time to shag you, if you wanted me again... Essentially, that's what she implied to me."

He clicked his tongue in annoyance, "She tells you that like I'd be uncertain of my own choices."

I laugh, "Yes, well she isn't exactly the brightest person."

"No. She isn't, is she?" He chuckled, a smirk tugging on his lips.

I glance away. I feel his fingers brushing a loose strand of my curls behind my ear.

"She doesn't have a clue what she's talking about. I know what I want," He reassures me.

My eyes land back on his.

The grey in his eyes reflecting the warm lights from the street posts nearby, almost angelic-like.

He takes a deep inhale, dropping his hand. "I finished your Muggle book."