Chapter 46: The Champions

[Control - Halsey]

𓆙
Fri. 9th September 1994 - 7:15pm...

Exiting my common room, I immediately spotted my brother. Strange looks thrown in his direction, by other Slytherin students, as he stood at the bottom of the stairs to the dungeons.

"Harry?" I wander over to him. He didn't say anything, and before I could react, he tossed his arms around me tightly.

His voice cracking, and his shoulders shook. "He's everywhere."

"Who is?" I glanced over to a quiet section of the dungeons and lead him over to a small nook, close by a large stain glass window.

A waterfall wrapped around the staircase behind us, concealing the voices: preventing any passersby from eavesdropping.

Sitting down, Harry didn't let me go. He pushed his face into my shoulder, his glasses riding up his nose bridge.

"I don't know - He's just always there. In my dreams. I thought they'd stop, and I sent a letter to Sirius, but they haven't. They feel so real, and I'm..."

Tears drop onto my neck, and I remove his glasses, pulling him closer to me.

"I'm not sure if they're just dreams anymore. The Deatheater found dead on the field, at the match, was in my dreams weeks before the attack. I don't remember ever seeing him before in my life. What if he knows where we are? What if he's coming back?"

"What was the dream about?"

"...I was... in a house, but it wasn't any house we've been in before. It was dark, almost like the Malfoy Manor, or before we began to renovate our home. Wormtail was there, and Voldemort too, although he was... weak and defenceless. I remember walking, up the stairs, and then there was a massive flash of green light. I woke up to Ron and Neville standing over me."

He leaned back, wiping his cheeks with the back of his hands. "They told me I was talking in my sleep, about dying and a woman screaming. I don't want anyone else nearly getting hurt for our sake too, it's not right. Cedric-"

"Wanted to help me," I interrupted. "He seen me before I seen him, and Draco-"

"I don't care about Draco-"

"I do." I frown, and he closed his mouth. "I care about Draco, Harry." I hand him his glasses and he put them on.

"Why? We both know exactly what his parents are."

"His father. His mother doesn't want anything to do with the Deatheaters, Draco told me so himself and-" I quickly close my mouth.

Fuck.

I shouldn't of said any of that.

I stand, turning on my heels to leave him.

"He told you, what? He told you about his father? Just exactly how much did he tell you?" Harry followed me, his volume gradually increasing. "What the hell aren't you telling me, Jane?!"

"Nothing-"

"No! It's not nothing!" He inhales, his tone shifted to one of rage, "Answer me!"