Chapter 16: It's The Wrackspurts

[Drama Club - Melanie Martinez]

༺ 𓆙 ༻
Mon. 4th October 1993 - 12:13pm...

"He's been sighted! He's been sighted!" Seamus' voice traveled across the Great Hall.

I lift my gaze from my Astronomy notebook to spot him waving a newspaper around, sprinting up the hall towards the top of the Gryffindor table - Where Harry, Ron, Hermione, Bem, Neville and Fred sat.

"Who?" Ron asked.

"Sirius Black!"

Their conversation grew quiet, and I lowered my eyes back down to my textbook.

Soon after, I felt eyes on me, and lift my head up - Spotting all seven of them quickly snapping their heads away from my direction, whispering to each other.

What was all that about?

I regain my focus on my writing. Then I heard shuffles coming towards me. I sigh heavily, tilting my head to see Neville in front of me.

His hands rubbing together, "Hey, Jane. I need to ask you a question about... Black."

"Yes? Of course, what do you want to know?"

"Did you really see him that night in the castle?" He asked. He looks over his shoulder to the group of Gryffindors, Fred gave him a big thumbs up.

My eyebrow slowly raised and I shake my head. "Neville, you can tell yourself, and tell your Gryffindor friends that my situation isn't some type of bloody joke to be thrown around. I already told you my situation, days ago. Or did you happen to so conveniently forget about that?"

I stand, piling my books and writing materials into my arms. "Fuck off with that shit, because I'm not in the mood for people who don't believe me about spotting Black."

My eye catches my brother's as I leave. He swallowed, and avoids my gaze.

Rolling my eyes, I exit the hall.

Typical for him to keep the secret about Black, too.

༺ 𓆙 ༻

Turning corners and entering hallways, I walk further from the Great Hall.

Today, I had two free periods to study.

I would usually be taking my time, and using them efficiently. However, since the Gryffindors decided to torment me with questions through Neville, I wasn't going to sit there any longer for their own personal enjoyment.

Upon entering an empty hallway, I spot Professor Lupin crouched down in a corner, laying a mouse trap near the door to the Gryffindor tower.

When I spot many more, I approach him silently. "Professor?"

He jumped, yelping from my sudden appearance. "Ah! Jane, I didn't hear you there." He stood tall, holding some more traps in his hands.

"What are those for? Don't we have magic and house elves for catching unwanted house guests within the castle?" I point to them.