01.

CHAPTER ONE.
ABU DHABI

JANUARY 2023.

"Dariyah!" Dariyah snapped out of her thoughts as she looked at the far end of the table to her boss, Layla looking at her with raised eyebrows along with everyone else in the room.

"Yeah? I'm sorry." Dariyah apologised as she looked into Layla's stern gaze. "I was asking about what happened with the negotiations with our new client?" Layla asked as she swirled a bit in her chair.

"Yeah. It's done. They've agreed to work with us." Dariyah gave a hesitant smile. "Then I expect the report to be submitted in my office by 1." Layla gave back a tight smile before getting up from her chair and walked over to the door.

"I believe we've discussed whatever there was to be discussed. We can end the meeting now." As Layla stated her parting statement, everyone got up to leave while Dariyah stayed back to make sure the room was clean and tidy before leaving the conference room as well.

"What had you so lost?" Dariyah looked up from her desk to see her friend looking at him while leaning on her table, Alen.

"Nothing. Just couldn't get much sleep last night." Dariyah gave him a small smile, trying her best to convince him.

"How many times have I told you to never stay awake for long to work?" Alen gave the girl an annoyed look.

"And how many times have I told you that I can't help it?" Dariyah gave him a teasing smirk to which he just replied with a glare.

This argument was a common occurrence in their conversations everyday. Both of the Corporate Lawyers proving how much of a lawyer they were. It always ended with an eye roll from Alen and a satisfied smile from Dariyah.

"I'm not doing this again." Alen admitted his defeat before walking back to his desk. "Just admit that you can't beat me!" Dariyah called out. She laughed as she got the finger from him without even looking back at her and just continued walking.

Dariyah turned her attention back to her report and checked everything once again for the 100th time. Time went by as she continued checking.

She noticed the time was almost 1, so she got up with the report on her hand as she walked towards Layla's cabin.

She knocked twice before she heard her voice asking her to come in. She opened the door with a small smile. Dariyah placed down the report on Layla's table before looking up at her.

"That's the report regarding all the negotiations and approval our partnership with the Bilal Group & Co. I've checked like the 100 times for any loopholes or anything. There were none. It's all set."

Layla smiled up at the rookie who was slowly proving her presence in their company. "Thank you so much for that, Hamza. You're really improving. I must have a chat with your father." Dariyah smiled as she heard Layla's compliment but it dropped as she heard the last sentence.

"You don't have to do that, Boss." Dariyah gave her a small smile. "Rubbish. He deserves to know this, after throwing all that tantrum about you not being enough. That man needs a reality check I'm telling you." Dariyah's smile widened a bit, cheeks flushing.

"It's not that big of a deal." Dariyah shook off the compliment. "It's my job. Nothing special, nothing more." Dariyah shrugged her shoulders.