34.

CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR.
MONACO

It was race day and the streets of Monaco was roaring in support of Ferrari and especially the man of interest, one of their own, Charles Leclerc— who would be racing with huge responsibilities on his shoulders.

At the moment he was leading the Championship, he was lucky do far but Monaco was a really tight circuit where you'd most likely end up with the same position you secure in the Qualifying— and the Monaco curse as well.

Unfortunately, because of few issues with the car, Charles won P4 during the Qualifying. Max was P1, Aston Martin's Alonso in P2 followed by Lando in P3. Carlos was unfortunate during Qualifying as well, he was in P10 due to a penalty and the car issues.

Charles' head was filled with nervousness and self-doubt. He was biting his nails, running a hand through his hair now and then. He was currently in his room in Ferraris motorhome, his legs shaking in anxiety.

He was ripped out of his thoughts at the sound of door opening, a smile grew on his face expecting it to be Dariyah but it fell once he realised it was Andrea, his performance coach.

"You could have atleast given me fake smile." Andrea rolled his eyes, slightly offended at the disappointment in Charles face.

"It's better to be honest than lie." Charles shrugged his shoulders with a smirk.

"Your lawyer girlfriend has spoiled you." Andrea laughed.

"She made me better." Charles corrected. "Where's she anyway? Did you see her?" It had been only 30 minutes since they were apart, yet it felt like an eternity to him.

"I saw her talking with someone over the phone. She looked upset." Andrea revealed, confusing Charles.

"Upset? Why?"

"Ask the person on the other side. How am I supposed to know? I'm not a stalker like you." Andrea scoffed.

"You're really funny, you know that right?" Charles sarcastically smiled.

"I know. It keeps me up every night. Now, come on. It's game time. Let's get you all warmed up." With that, Charles was made to focus on the soon to start race but the image of an upset Dariyah talking on the phone was making him unsettled in a way.

•••
tw: domestic violence and abuse.

"What do you mean you can't help with the case?" Dariyah snapped.

"I'm sorry. We can't do anything ma'am. Your dad's one of the very well known and respected lawyer in the field. If we were to be involved he wouldn't hesitate to ruin us for fighting against him. We've got families to whom they rely on. It's too much of a risk. I'm sorry ma'am."

"Why the fuck would you even become a lawyer if you can't fight for actual justice?! And respected lawyer, my ass. Do you have any idea of what he does to my mother, to me?! You should think of changing your profession to boot licker. It'd suit your answer better." Dariyah cut the call without hearing a reply. Dariyah huffed, crouching down on the floor.

Tears slipping out of her eyes, her hands supporting her head. "Now, she has to endure his torture for 5 more months." Dariyah cried silently, making sure that she was away from prying eyes. I just hope she spends those months with Di and nowhere near him.