49.

CHAPTER FORTY NINE.
ABU DHABI.

"I don't wanna hear it, Connor." Dariyah brushed her boss off before she could even utter a word.

"I didn't even say anything." Layla feigned innocence.

"I know you enough to know what you were going to say." Dariyah didn't raise her head from the case file she was working on.

It had been almost 10 days since her breakup with Charles. Again. At this point, Dariyah was convinced that they were not meant to be. She had changed since the breakup. Stopped talking to everyone, started to be cold, never involved herself in any office outings. She preferred to be alone, she was even ignoring the girls and boys.

The girls and boys were in Abu Dhabi with her. They came to her house and office every day but Dariyah always brushed them off or hid herself from them. They weren't the ones who give up and so they continued waiting and trying to talk to their friend.

She deactivated her socials and blocked everyone's number. She had no idea of Charles' whereabouts. He hadn't even tried to contact her despite saying that the news was false. It hurt her more since she really did have a feeling that it wasn't true but seeing Charles make no effort to explain she truly started to believe the rumours.

The Felicia girl was one of Charles' old friends, they had a dating history as well. She was a lawyer too. Guess he has a thing for brunette lawyers. He's been seen with her ever since the day he asked for a break when her mother had come to visit.

Felicia was a very-well known lawyer, rarely lost in her cases. It was reported that the two dated briefly back in 2018-2019 but broke up saying they just drifted apart and never had time for each other.

It was a mutual breakup and there was still respect for each other. The couple was loved too much that it broke the hearts of their fans when they announced their breakup.

They still follow each other's socials and remained as friends.

Dariyah did remember him telling her about his ex. He said it was just a mild attraction they had towards each other which was gone within a few months. The two made it clear it was casual and nothing serious.

Felicia came to his races more as a friend than a lover and Dariyah believed him. And now, watching the pictures of the past lovers, sitting so close together, laughing, staring at each other and hugging was like a stab in the back for Dariyah.

There were pictures of them which looked like they were kissing and giving each other love eyes too. That was what it took for Dariyah to throw her phone across the room, breaking it. Her phone was really damaged, barely working but she was reluctant to buy a new one, knowing there was no use and that she needed to stay off her phone for a while.

"Hamza, please-" The two girls raised their heads when a new voice joined in.

"Riyah?" The voice turned out to be one of her colleagues.

"Yes?"

"This was sent for you." She placed a gift package infront of the two girls.

"Who's it from?" Dariyah asked confusedly, examining the gift package.

"Don't know. There's nothing else written on it except for your name." This confused the two girls more.